House of Discovery/House of Rivals

Arielle walked away from Duncan. "Arielle-"

"What was that about?" MacKenzie asked.

"What was that about?" She repeated. "Uh, we just got caught up in the moment, okay?" Duncan walked away.

MacKenzie frowned.

~~~~~

Robert was examining the riddle with Leslie. Trudy walked in.

"Hi, dearies. I made you some Alka Seltzer," She handed them both mugs, "make you feel better."

"Thanks, Trudes." They thanked simultaneously.

Robert was rubbing the end of the riddle, when something started to show up. He started to rub it more.

The blessing of the Chosen One.

He showed it to Leslie. "If Charles or Rebecca get their hands on this, they'll do everything they can possible to get Sarah to bless the Grail." He explained.

~~~~~

"Hey, Arielle!" August caught up with her. She turned around. "August, I don't have time. I need to go back to Anubis House." Arielle responded, walking off.

August caught up with her again. "I can walk and talk."

Arielle nodded, meaning 'ok'. "So, that kiss with Duncan...did it mean anything to you?" He asked. "If you mean getting me a good grade, then yes, it meant something to me."

"No, I mean-" August sighed. "do you like Duncan?"

"Of course I like Duncan. He's one of my closest friends."

"No, I mean...the other kind of like." August corrected. Arielle stopped in her tracks. "No. He's my sister's boyfriend. I'm not a boyfriend stealer." Arielle stated firmly.

"Unlike her." She muttered.

"Um, okay." August nodded. Arielle continued her walk to Anubis.

~~~~~

Everyone was getting up in the morning. "Jax! Did you borrow my..." Arielle saw Duncan. "sponge? Duncan." She greeted.

"Arielle. So, the play..." He trailed off. "That...kiss..."

"Was just for the play." Arielle finished. Duncan nodded. She walked upstairs, when Duncan stopped her.

"But, when the curtain closed, why didn't you pull away?" Duncan asked.

"Why didn't you? You're the one with the girlfriend." Arielle retorted.

Duncan opened his mouth, about to say something, when the coach of the football team opened the door.

"Campbell, we need you out on the field. The game is at 3:00."

Duncan nodded. He went into the kitchen and grabbed a banana. He gave one last glance to Arielle, and left.

~~~~~

Sibuna was sitting at the end of the table at breakfast. "The blessing of the Chosen One? What does that mean?"

"I looked it up last night. Apparently, the only way for the Grail of Anubis to give immortality to more than one person, is for the purest of hearts to bless it." Robert explained. "I thought that it couldn't do that." Jax frowned.

"It can't. But apparently, with the blessing of the Chosen One, it can." Robert responded.

"Hold on." August stopped them. "From what you've told me, the Grail of Anubis can bring immortality to more than one person." Robert nodded as August continued, "But in the story, it says that it can only be used on one person. If the Chosen One can bless the grail, then why didn't the old one just bless it all those years ago?"

"That part, I don't know." Robert sighed.

Jax and Riley turned away from the group. "So, I was thinking. We've never really been out on a date before. So, before 9:00, maybe we can." Jax suggested.

"Yeah, I'd like that." Riley smiled.

Jax grabbed Rhys. "I did not appreciate that." Rhys grabbed his arm back. "We need you to cover for us."

"Oh, no. No, no, no, no, no. I'm a bad liar." Rhys refused. "No you aren't!" Jax whisper-yelled.

"Okay, but I don't call it lying. I call it, an exaggeration of the truth." He stated.

"That's the definition of lying!" Riley responded.

"Fine. I'll just say you guys are out or something." Rhys shrugged. "Thanks."

MacKenzie and Arielle entered. "Hey, where's Duncan?" MacKenzie asked.

"Oh, he left. His coach said he had a game to play at 3:00." Arielle explained.

"Did you hear the rumors? The rival boarding school is planning on cheating in the playoffs." Leslie stated.

"How?"

"I don't know. I just heard." She shrugged. She left the room.

Then, Rhys and August left. After they left, everyone else followed.

~~~~~

"Hey, Rhys. What were you doing with Jax and Riley?" August asked.

"Uh, Jax and Riley have a secret relationship with each other and they asked me to keep it a secret, but it is eating me alive!" Rhys groaned. "Feels good to let it out."

"Really?" August wondered.

"Wow. Maybe I am not that good of a liar." Rhys chuckled. "But, yeah. Jax and Riley have been boyfriend and girlfriend since the storm." He admitted.

"Jax and Riley. Wow."

"But, you can't tell anybody, you know that, right?"

"I'll keep it a secret." August promised. Rhys nodded.

~~~~~

MacKenzie was walking toward her locker, when she overheard the rival school in the boys' locker room.

"So, it's settled."

MacKenzie pressed her ear against the door.

"When Duncan goes to kick the ball into the goal, Ben will go to tackle him and we get the ball and kick it to our goal."

MacKenzie widened her eyes, and ran out the school to tell Duncan before the game started.

*****
Drumroll please...I have returned from my two day hiatus to post a chapter to you guys! I promise I will try to post another chapter in a couple of hours. Keyword: try.

Which couple do you like better: Duncan and Arielle or Duncan and MacKenzie?

Will August really keep 'The-Jax-and-Riley-Thing' to himself?

Will MacKenzie be in time to tell Duncan about the rivals cheating?

Sibuna.