House of Sign-Up/House of Cameras

MacKenzie sighed.

Sign up! We need a School Representative!

Sign up! We need a website for the school!

She signed up for both. "Website writer and school representative? Boy, are you going to have a busy schedule."

MacKenzie smiled. She was still writing her name, so she couldn't see the person's face. "Thanks. But, I really doubt I'll get either. Maybe you could-"

MacKenzie gasped, and dropped her pen. "You. I remember you. You were at the Amun-Ra Reunion."

Flashback:

"Mum, do we really have to be here?" Jax asked. "Well, I couldn't leave you home alone, now could I? The rest of your friends are here, go talk with them." Joy had rushed MacKenzie, Arielle, and Jax over to the rest of the kids.

But MacKenzie had bumped into someone who had punch in their hand.

"Hey!" The girl screeched, punch spilled all over her.

"Oh, I'm so, sorry. Let me get you a napkin." Before MacKenzie could leave, the girl's mother walked up.

"Scarlett, what's going on?" That's when Joy had walked up, too. "Mack, what happened?"

"I bumped into this girl and got punch all over her. Again, I'm really sorry." MacKenzie apologized.

"Joy? Joy Mercer? It's me, Amelia Pinches!"

"Oh, yeah, hi!" Joy tried to seem excited about seeing her. "Scarlett, don't be rude, tell them your name."

"But, you've already said it. Twice." Scarlett argued. "Scarlett..."

"Fine." She stretched her hand out. "My name is Scarlett Pinches. What's yours?"

"MacKenzie Clarke."

"I didn't know you were coming here!" MacKenzie smiled. "Well, my mother went here, so, she thought it was fitting I'd come here, too. You know. Like mother, like daughter." Scarlett explained.

MacKenzie nodded. "So, which one are you signing up for?" MacKenzie asked.

"Oh, I'm signing up for both, too." Scarlett picked up the pen.

"Well, good luck!"

~~~~~

When Duncan heard someone's footsteps, he grabbed Arielle and pulled her beside the lockers.

"What are you doing?" Arielle asked. "Step 1 to being sleuthy-always hide from adults." Duncan stated.

"Well, that 'adult' that just passed by," Arielle released from Duncan's grip, "was MacKenzie."

Duncan shrugged. "Now, come on!"

Arielle was dragged alongside of Duncan. "Woah, we can't go in Marshall's office. We'll get detention." Arielle stopped in her tracks.

"Not if they don't catch us." Duncan winked. Arielle sighed. They opened the door.

"You would think that she would've kept her door locked on the weekends." Duncan shook his head. Arielle giggled.

"So, what are we looking for?" Arielle asked. "Proof. Haven't I already told you this?"

"No, I mean, how are you going to find proof in Ms. Marshall's office?"

"The cameras. They're a total invasion of privacy, but sometimes they'll come in handy." Duncan shut on her computer.

"Dang it." Duncan groaned. "What?"

"Password."

~~~~~

"Hey," Riley greeted Leslie in her room. "what are you doing?"

"Sitting in my room. Alone." Leslie patted the seat next to her.

Riley sat down. "So, that kiss, with you and Robert?"

"An accident. That is all." Leslie declared. "So, you don't like Robert in any kind of way?"

"Why? Do you like him?" Leslie wondered. "No-no! Besides, I like someone else." Riley revealed.

"I guess I may have a shred of feelings for him. I don't know-wait-you like someone?" Leslie realized what she said.

"Oops." Riley whispered to herself. "Well, I guess I'd have to tell someone sooner or later-Jax and I have a secret relationship."

Leslie gasped.

"Now, let's go down to the cellar. None of us have found the tears of gold yet." Riley got up.

"We still have to get the riddle back from Charles before he figures out all the ingredients he needs."

"So many things to do." Riley sighed. "Let's find the tears of gold first."

Leslie nodded.

~~~~~

"Let me take a hit at it." Arielle suggested. Duncan stood up, and let Arielle do the typing.

"We're in." Arielle grinned. "What?!" Duncan looked at the screen, which had the school's logo as its screensaver.

"I typed in every password known possible; password, Amun-Ra, I tried her birthday, but I didn't know it. How did you get in?"

"I would tell you, but then I'd have to kill you." Arielle chuckled. Duncan smiled.

"Okay...camera footage. That document, right there." Duncan pointed at it. "Boys' locker room."

Arielle clicked on it.

"So, it's settled."

"When Duncan goes to kick the ball into the goal, Ben will go to tackle him and we get the ball and kick it to our goal."

"I think you have your proof." Arielle smiled.

~~~~~

Leslie and Riley opened the cellar door. "Come on, we may not have much time." Riley looked at her watch.

6:48

"Correction-I don't have much time left."

Leslie and Riley split up to look around. Riley saw a robe hanging.

"Just like the last time I was down here." Riley gulped.

She saw a curve in the pockets. "Ah-ha!"

She grabbed the pouch and opened it. "Tears of gold."

"Wonder what this is." Leslie swished around the green fluid in the bottle. She drank it a little.

Riley turned around to see her. "Leslie! We don't know why kind of things Charles conjures up down here!"

She put it down.

They both heard the jiggling of the door.

Leslie and Riley gasped. "The bookcase. Run! Hurry!" Riley rushed. "Okay, the code that Sarah put in was...18...something." Leslie said.

"Gah!" The door opened and closed. Riley guessed the rest.

1890.

It opened. They ran inside before the person walking in could see them.

*****
Another chapter for you guys! This chapter was a little bit longer than 600 words: 900.

Will Duncan use his proof?

Scarlett: Friend or foe?

Sibuna.