House of Covers/House of Plays

Everyone was eating their breakfast in the morning.

"A-ah-ahcoo!" Robert sneezed. Leslie coughed.

"How did both of you get sick at the same time?" Arielle asked. "I guess my spoon sickness spread. Jax." Leslie raised her eyebrows.

Jax looked up from his bowl of cereal.

"She does know that that spoon thing was a lie, right?" Riley asked Sarah. She shrugged. Trudy walked in.

"Your parents sent in the mail. They wish you good luck on the play. They'll all be coming to watch." Trudy smiled.

August got two. "Why do I have two?" He asked.

Trudy shrugged. "I guess you have a new secret admirer." Trudy winked at him.

"Okay. Most of us have to leave. We have to rehearse for the play." Arielle stated.

August opened his from his parents.

Good luck playing Maurice, August! - Mum and Dad

He smiled.

He opened the next one.

I'll be watching you in the crowd. - Rebecca

August blinked. He gulped, and headed off to school.

~~~~~

The kids were scattered backstage, and were getting ready for the play.

"Sarah, get ready to go on in five. Do we have the props ready? Extras, get in your places." Mr. James directed.

"Arielle." August whispered. He was dressed in all black.

"What are you wearing?" Arielle giggled. "A disguise."

"It's five o'clock in the afternoon."

"Whatever, let's go." August instructed. "I-I can't. I know I promised I would help, but I'm on in five." Arielle apologized.

August frowned, and looked down. He remember what Rebecca sent him.

"Excuse me." He saw his parents in a row. He smiled. He looked over into the rest of the room, and saw Charles, the teachers, the headmistress, and some of the students.

He looked over in the back, and saw a hooded figure. He squinted, and saw red hair. "Rebecca."

"Okay, people!" Mr. James called.

August stepped back from the curtain.

"In five, four, three, two!"

Sarah stepped in the front of the stage.

"Once upon a time, there was a young prince. This prince, was spoiled, selfish, and unkind. But then, one winter's night changed his entire point of view. An old beggar woman came to the castle and offered him a simple rose in exchange for shelter from the bitter cold. Repulsed by her hideous looks, the prince refused. But the woman warned him not to be deceived by appearances, for beauty is found within. When he refused again, the woman's ugliness melted away to reveal a beautiful Enchantress. The Prince tried to apologize, but it was too late. For she had seen no love in his heart. As punishment, she turned him into a hideous Beast and placed a powerful spell on the castle and all who lived there. Ashamed of his montrous appearance, the Beast concealed himself inside the castle with a magic mirror as his only window to the outside world. The rose she had offered him was truly enchanted, which would bloom until his 21st birthday. If he could learn to love someone, and earn her love in return, by the time the last petal fell, then the spell would be broken. But, years passed , the Beast fell into despair, and lost all hope. For who could ever learn to love a Beast?"