Ch. 16 - The Test

Rihanna's POV

It's been a week since Chris found out that he could possibly be a father to Georgina's baby. I've been contemplating whether we should stick together. This baby is really testing our relationship that I think could never be fixed. I mean last week when I yelled at him about wanting his baby I felt really hurt that he could possibly father a little girl that wasn't gonna be ours.

When Chris and I started dating it was something I never dreamed of actually sleeping with my boss was never in the cards when I got the job of being his assistant, I didn't plan on falling in love in the work place it just happened. Honestly three months into our relationship I was already thinking about marrying his man and having his babies; I was sprung and still am I just can't fathom on how we got to this point that I'm not facing with him. He taking a paternity test to see if Carmen was his and if she was I don't know what or how much our relationship would change if he had a child.

I also though that if Carmen was his that he want to be with the mother of his possible child and would devastate me even more than him having a child. My thoughts were all over the place I didn't know what to think anymore: I just didn't want to lose Chris due to his psycho possible baby mother or his possible baby girl. Our relationship was put to the test and either we'll pass or we'll fail.

Today I was staying home from work while Chris was working on directing Sevyn Streeters video "Don't Kill The Fun." He asked me if I wanted to go with him on set and I declined. I knew he was hurting by me kind of distancing myself from him and this situation. I was in bed taking a much needed nap as my phone rang, I looked at the time it was 12:30pm in the afternoon. I picked up the phone off the charger and answered in a sleepy voice. "Hello." I said slightly raising my head and was beginning to open my eyes. "Baby I got a court ordered paternity test today at 2:30 pm can you be here?" Chris asked anxiously. I quickly woke up out my sleepiness and sat up rubbing eyes.

"Where is the test being held?" I asked.

"Los Angeles Medical Center." He spoke. I nodded my head. "Are you doing yours alone?"

"No Georgina is bringing Carmen to the clinic so we can do the test together." I immediately realized that this was the first time Chris and I would see the baby. I was scared and wondered when I saw Carmen if she would have the same features as Chris and that when and if I did we would no longer need the paternity test, cause it the features would tell me all immediately.

"I'll be here Chris just send me the address."

"Thanks baby I'll will I'll see you soon. Love you."

"Love you too." I said quietly. "I gotta go we setting the last part of the shoot." He said. "Okay bye." I said. "Bye." We both hang up at the same time. I quickly look at the clock noticing it was 12:45pm I got up and made my way to the shower. After 20 mins I got out the shower in a towel and began to get dress in Trap $tar black sweater, blue jeans, black heels and Chris' SnapBack. As I was brushing my teeth and spitting the last remaining liquid of mouthwash out my mouth. Chris sent me the text with the address of the clinic. I called an Uber to pick me up. I grabbed my Celine black bag and shades.

The Uber pulled up in the drive way I wasn't in the mood to drive myself there so this was the best way I could somewhat collect my thoughts. I walked outside and got in the backseat, the driver pulled off immediately after I got in. I arrived at the clinic 25 mins later. I payed the driver and head inside the back where Chris said I should go without being seen by the paparazzi. I open the glass door to the clinic it was chilly inside and everything was bright and white. I walked over to receptionist desk where a full-figured woman with scrubs on sat. "How may I help you sweetheart?" She said in a pleasant tone. I smiled, "I'm looking for C. Brown he's having a paternity test done."

The lady lowered her classes some off her face looking at the clipboard. "C. Brown is room 5589." She smiled up from her clipboard. "Thank you." I said beginning to walk away until I stopped and went back to the desk. "Sorry to bother you again but has Georgina Martinez arrive yet?" The lady looked her clipboard and then typed in something on her computer. "No she hasn't she called us to say she was running late." I nodded and said thank you again before walking down the hallway until reach my destination. I open the door and soon I was face to face with Chris who was sitting in a blue plastic chair. I walked in and he got up. "You made it I was worried that you won't show up."

I gave him a tight lip smile. "Well I'm here." We stood in awkward silence until Chris asked me for a hug we haven't been that close as of lately due to this baby situation. I wrapped my arms around his neck and smelled his cologne. I inhaled it missing it. He wrapped his arms around my waist and placed a small kiss on my neck. "I'm glad your here, I miss you." A single tear escaped from my eye as stepped back to look at him. I took off my ray ban shades and sat down. I was nervous and my leg was shaking, I felt Chris' hand on my leg massaging it slowly. "Thanks." I said lowly. He nodded soon the door opened and in came Georgina with a car seat in her hand.

"Hey." She said to both of us. I didn't speak to her I just sat silent looking at the car seat covered in a pink baby blanket. She sat down two chairs from Chris and began to get Carmen out of her seatbelt before picking her up. The small light skin baby had dark curly hair and dimples with freckles on her face. Carmen was moving around waking up from her nap. "She's such a moody baby when she wakes up." Georgina said as she fixed tank top that Carmen was pulling on. "Do you wanna hold her?" She asked Chris. Chris looked her and then the baby before looking at me, he got up and walked over to Georgina who held Carmen out to him.

Soon he cradled Carmen in his arms and smiled at the baby, it broke my heart to see him already bonding with a baby he doesn't know if it's his or not. It was hard for me to look at him holding her. Just then a nurse with baby blue scrubs walked in and greeted us; she took us into a sterilized hospital room where she would take a sample of DNA from both Chris and Carmen.

"Okay all we're doing is swabbing the inside of you and the baby's mouths." The nurse said as she got out the supplies. When she came back in the room the test began and after 5 mins of swabbing mouths the test was complete and the nurse said the test results would be delivered in three weeks. "Thank you." Chris and Georgina both said to the nurse and I just smiled and waved at her like she didn't just give my boyfriend a DNA test to determine if his ex assistant is really his babymother.

Chris held Carmen in his arms one more time as we all exited the room. "Come by my house in three weeks." Chris stated to Georgina, she nodded and grabbed Carmen from him and put her back in her car seat before heading out the door saying nothing else. Chris turned to me and sighed, "We gonna talk."

I nodded "Yeah, I know but not tonight this all too much for one day and need to clear my head. Come by the apartment tomorrow." He grabbed my hand and lead us out the back where my uber was waiting. Before I could get in the car Chris pulled me by my arm gave me a hug. "I love you and I'm sorry that this is happening." He said kissing my head. I unwrapped my arms from around his neck looking up at him with a sad look as some tears came down my eyes. "Yeah me too." I wept turning around to get back in the car not looking back at him as the car pulled away cause I knew if I looked at him once more I would breakdown. Our relationship was really being tested all by a paternity test and my heart can't take it.