Chapter 2 - Round 2.

Louise’s POV

I sat outside Mr Gregory’s office, ready to get talked to death about my behaviour and making the school look bad and that I’m a straight A student so there’s no need for me to act out. He always says the same thing. Baring in mind he’s my counsellor you’d think he’d realise talking my ears off my face for hours on end will never and has never worked… We’ve been having monthly meetings for the past two years and I’m still turning up, still getting into trouble…

“Louise…” Mr Gregory appeared beside me and made me jump. “I’m hoping this is the last time I have to have this conversation with you!” He opened the door but as I stood up, the headmaster Mr Keaton pushed Conor in our direction. Conor shot an evil glare back to Mr Keaton and brushed himself down. His gaze met mine for a second, but he quickly looked away.

“Mr Gregory, a second please?” Mr Keaton nodded him over.

“Louise, sit back down. I’ll be back in a second…” Mr Gregory shuffled off with Mr Keaton into the Headmaster’s office just diagonal from where we sat. Conor sat down in a seat one away from mine and picked up one of the many magazines sprawled across the coffee table that had one fake rose in a plastic vase in the centre. I couldn’t help but stare over to him as he sat there flicking through a copy of ‘Cosmopolitan’ one of the popular girls must have left after seeing Mr Gregory. My mind went crazy with the amount of things I could have said to him, but did I have the confidence? No…

“Your magazine of choice? Definitely suits you.” I laughed. Conor shot me a glare past the page of the magazine. I straightened in my chair and bit my lips together. Why am I so stupid? The one time you get one-to-one conversation time with Conor and you go and make fun of him! Idiot! I know he doesn’t associate himself with people from school, the only time being when he’s arguing with them!

“I prefer ‘Chat’.” He smirked. It took me a second to work out he was, firstly, talking to me and secondly, making a joke. I slowly turned my head and looked at him. He was smiling. He still looked threatening, don’t get me wrong, like I wouldn’t mess with him even if he was smiling… but he was smiling at me!

“Some of the stories in that are a bit… long.” I joked back.

“I know what you mean, this one is a lot more visual.” He rolled his eyes and threw the magazine back on the table. I smiled back. What are you doing? Think of something to say! Don’t leave this conversation heading towards an awkward silence!

“So…” I said, “What brings you here? To Mr Gregory’s office, I mean.” I rested my head in my hand, my elbow held up on my knee.

“I punched Josh in the face.” He shrugged as if to say ‘no big deal’. “How about you?” How about me? Did you choose to ignore the fact I hit Josh like five minutes before?

“I punched Josh in the face?” I said, wondering if he just wanted the satisfaction of hearing Josh got punched twice. There was a small silence after this as I waited for an answer.

“That was you?” He asked, turning to face me. I looked him up and down and took mental images to keep in my mind of the moment Conor and I had a conversation as he sat there, hair messed up and clothes wrinkled from an obvious fight he must have had with Josh.

“Yeah. He was saying crap about your brother so I turned round and smacked him in the face…” I said with satisfaction in my voice as the moment replayed in my head. “Cos you couldn’t get to him…” I quickly added in case he thought I made him sound weak. He looked me up and down slowly, like I did with him earlier. It made me feel a little uncomfortable admittedly, but hey, he was hot and I was not gonna complain!

So What? (A Conor Maynard Fan/Pop Fiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें