Chapter 18 - The Gang.

A/N: I just want to say a massive thank you to you all - So What? has received 100 votes!! I'm beyond happy because i've only written 17 chapters! I am internally screaming. :D I love you all so much! We also reached 1600 reads which i'm also over the moon for! I know a lot of you have been eagerly awaiting this chapter and i cant dedicate it to all of you (unfortunately!) But this is dedicated to all of you who told me to update asap and asked me when this chapter was coming out! As always, comment, vote, follow, promote, whatever you want! I absolutely love you all and thank you so so so much for reading my story!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Conor’s POV

My stomach dropped as soon as I heard his voice.

“Is this your girlfriend?” He teased.

“Jason, leave it…” I said, praying so much that they would just be allowed to walk out of this unharmed. Yes, I said unharmed. See, I’m going to be honest with you here; we’re not that kind of gang who just meets, has a drink and goes home. They need to cause trouble; they think the best thing would be for us to be a feared name. Jason wants to say our gang name and for people to shudder. It was never like this before, when Alan run the gang. He just wanted to be a biker gang; we just drove around, the noise from our bikes echoing the streets bringing attention. Now we steal, break and scare. I stay back; I make sure I’m the lookout so I never harm people. Stupid it seems, I know, that I can fight people to no end at school but not in the gang, but I don’t have a reason for beating up a shopkeeper I’ve never seen before… These jackets we wear were paid for with the money we stole… THEY stole. I don’t want to wear it, I feel guilt and hatred for myself when I put it on but I have to. Amir once came for the meet up without his jacket and they beat him up so badly he’s still having physiotherapy…

“No, Conor, I will not leave it. You know the damn rules! No visitors!” He shouted over to me, the anger in his voice making me feel a little scared. “They find out about us and our cover is broken!”

“They don’t know anything!” I shouted back. “They were meeting up for a chat, not to see me! This was all by chance!” I stuck up for them. Jason remained inches from Louise’s face and I could see her hands shaking. I just wanted to run over there and push him away, letting them get a head start, but I knew that wouldn’t work… They have bikes… My heart was beating so hard I was struggling to breathe. I’ve never felt so worried in my life. Usually when people stumbled across our gang I didn’t know them and I’d just turn a blind eye to them as my gang beat them up… but I know them. I like them. I love- No… Let’s not think like that…

“Rules are rules, Conor!” He shouted. “Ollie, Reece, Zander!” He shouted. Before I could think, two of them had grabbed my arms and one had their arm around my neck – not tightly, but just so I couldn’t try and run off easily. They knew what they were doing.

“Get off me!” I shouted, struggling. The more I struggled the tighter the grip around my neck became. I soon gave up. Jason grabbed Louise by the arm and she let out a scream as he squeezed it. “Leave her alone!” I shouted and began struggling again. I glanced over to David but he was being held back like me by another two members; Sanjay and Riley.

“Leave her alone!” David shouted, struggling too. In my head I could already see how this was going to end. And let me tell you it nearly bought a tear to my eye.

“Now, guys, we know the rules don’t we?” Jason shouted.

“YES!” The group said at once.

“And what do we do when people stumble across our meeting place?” Jason asked the group.

“Make them forget!” They all shouted back. My knees felt weak. I couldn’t stand properly. I couldn’t watch the group beat them up, as much as I despised David for the rumours and stealing my chance to walk Louise home, I couldn’t watch either of them get beaten up by my gang. Jason spun Louise round and grabbed her by her arms. He was one of the strongest of the group, he could hold one person without a struggle. I knew what was coming next.