Chapter 32 - The View

A/N: THIS IS THE FINAL CHAPTER GUYS! I'M SO SAD RIGHT NOW YOU HAVE NO IDEA I NEVER WANT THIS STORY TO END AND I LOVE ALL YOU GUYS! I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT!!

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO YOU ALL!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Louise's POV

Coming out of the restaurant feeling very full, I looked admiringly over to Conor who gazed back at me.

"Thank you for a wonderful meal!" I said. It had been the best date I could have asked for; just us, sitting there away from problems and troubles, being able to talk about anything and everything and laugh and feel comfortable.

"Don't thank me, it's the least I can do for you!" He put his arm round my waist as we walked back to his bike. Stopping in front of it I turned round and faced him.

"You look wonderful today..." I said shyly as I looked him up and down again, taking in the beautiful figure stood in front of me.

"You look beautiful today. I was going to say it when you came in but my mum stole you away from me!" He laughed. "But yeah, you look fantastic. I'm a lucky man!"

"And I'm a lucky girl!" I said, barely able to contain the grin spread across my face. Conor leant down and placed a soft kiss on my lips which I quickly returned. Conor's head stayed inches from mine.

"I've got a surprise for you tonight." He smiled as he handed me my helmet and gloves. I shook my head and put them on, jumping on the bike as quick as I could.

"You've done more than enough for me, Conor!" I said as soon as I could into the intercom.

"I could never do enough." He said back, flirtily. We drove away from the restaurant and headed in the direction of my house. I felt bad he probably wouldn't meet my family; I was never on good enough terms with my mum and sister to have a conversation with them let alone invite my boyfriend round. Conor would unfortunately never meet the guy who meant so much to me and who he had so much in common with. It was upsetting, but I knew at one point I could build up the courage to ask him to come to the cemetery with me. I don't want to freak him out just yet. Driving past my house, it suddenly dawned on me I had absolutely no idea where we were heading.

"I've got somewhere I need to stop before we get to my surprise, if that's alright?" He asked me carefully.

"Of course, whatever you need to do!" I said back. He's the one driving me around and paying for my meal, I can hardly say no! We slowed down and came to a halt; I must have been in my own world that whole journey. I looked to my right and saw a building I recognised, the florist that I used to buy flowers for my dad from... Which can only mean... I looked to my left and we'd stopped at the cemetery. A load of emotions hit me at once; shock, upset, happiness, confusion.

"Feel free to say no, but I thought I could meet your dad..." Conor said, standing awkwardly, not knowing if he'd done the right or wrong thing. He took his helmet and gloves off and helped with mine before leaving them in the top box of his bike.

"Yeah, I mean, sure... I just..." I could barely construct a sentence. Come on Louise! Sort it out. "Yes. I'd love for you to meet him! Sorry, it was just a shock that we came here!" Conor held his hand out and I put my hand in his, our fingers intertwining. I lead him into the cemetery where I strangely felt at home in and walked him to the best looking headstone in the whole place (I'm bias of course). The black marble headstone had a small picture of my dad in the right corner in a gold frame, the lettering in gold read:
Forever in our thoughts,
Forever in our hearts,
You've meant the world to us,
From the very start.

Phillip Redford
5/6/1968 – 2/1/2013

Conor stared down at the headstone and gripped my hand tighter. I didn't know if he knew he was gripping my hand any harder.