Chapter one: Sleepovers

Alyx's POV:

Fluttering my eyes open, I lazily stretched; slowly throwing my comforters off my warm body. I looked around my purple room in disappointment, thinking that the color wasn't a match to my personality; it was too girly-ish. My bed sat right next to a window that viewed the drive way; a white desk sat right next to my bed. I thought I had a pretty normal, decent, room; no boy band posters were glued to my walls. Feeling my phone vibrate in my pants back pocket, I pulled the small device out and flipped it open.

"Nyra, I just woke up," I hiss into the phone, getting out of bed and crawling over to the restroom.

"Dude, it's like... Two O' clock!" My best friend exclaimed angrily, "What are you doing at night to cause you to sleep in at this time?"

"Enjoying summer," I reply with a soft laugh, wiggling out of my pants, "No, not in that way either..."

"Sure... Whatever you say, girly," Nyra laughed on the other side of the line, "Dude, are we still on for the sleepover?"

"Why of course, love!" I grin, using a lame British accent.

"I'll make sure to bring my laptop, okay, bye!" With that said, her side of the line went dead.

I rolled my eyes, setting my phone down on the sink counter as I began to wash my hands. Nyra and I had just graduated high school, and were enjoying the beginning of summer break; that is, until we decided to sign up for college. What's the rush? We're only nineteen and eighteen, I thought with a sigh of relief, we have our whole lives ahead of us... I was a year older than Nyra, though sometimes, I didn't act like it; getting upset over her harmless pranks that she adored to pull on me, along with her brother Tom. Walking into the empty kitchen, I grabbed an apple and took a bite; enjoying its sweet juices that bled from the fruit. I walked over to the fridge, taking a handwritten note; reading it out-loud.

"Dear Alyx, by the time you read this, your father and I should already be on the plane to California," I stopped to take a bite of my apple, before continuing, "We've already dropped Leon off at his friend's house, be sure to pick him up tomorrow. You two should have enough food to last you a couple of days, if you do run out, deposit money into your credit card and buy what you need. Love, mom and dad."

Crumpling the note, I threw the note into the trash; along with my apple. The hell do I do now? I groaned in boredom, walking aimlessly around the house. In less than an hour, Nyra pulled up in her car; soon busting my front door open with a loud laughing, scream.

"I'm here!" The brunet exclaimed, slamming the door.

Nyra was average heighted girl with beautiful, long brown hair that curls; her curls bounced off her shoulders anytime that she walked. Her brown eyes held loyalty and friendship that could not be broken by anything; glasses sat on top of her nose. Her skin wasn't a peachy color like mine was; it was a palish color, but not enough to be ghostly. Nyra wore a red hoodie with black sweat pants; black sneakers to match.

"You couldn't be any louder?" I plopped onto the couch to sit beside her.

"Bitch, I bring the parties to life!" Nyra winked at me, rummaging through her laptop bag.

I watched in amusement as the brunet pulled bags of candy out of her laptop bag; she had brought a variety of candy from chocolate kisses, to gummy worms. Candy addict... I rolled my eyes, watching as she started eating her favorite sugar treat; peeps.

"Nyra, seriously?" I hiss as she refuses to share her treats with me, "Dude, I just want one peep!"

"No, my peeps!" Nyra growled, fending me off.