Chapter seventeen: Fear...

Slender Man's POV

               I silently watched a mortal stir from his sleeping state. The mortal was a middle aged man with greying black hair. His skin was pale, as if he spent most his days inside of that rotting house he called a home. Oh, yes, I have been watching this mortal for some time.

"Bill, this isn't funny!" The man had a slurred accent, like he was drunk.

His brown eyes were glazed over with a tint of something. Pathetic... A drunk mortal... I indeed have had my eye on this grown man. He has done horrible things in his family, social, and romantic life. Steve... Steve Handers... Steve was an abusive father towards his ten year old daughter. He would sexually abuse her if he was drunk. The man had cheated on his wife not once, but four times. Mrs. Handers had finally kicked him out, upon learning of her daughter's abuse. Steve truly sickened me.

"You are in my forest now..." I hissed to myself, watching Steve look around sluggishly.

Last night, I watched as two men kicked Steve out of a local bar. He instantly passed out in the parking lot; giving me the chance to take him to my woods. Slender Woods. Steve rose to his feet, stumbling in a random direction and cursing under his breath.

"Fucking forest... How the hell did I end up in here...? Probably that fucking stripper," Steve stumbled off, muttering complete nonsense.

I followed him silently, my tentacles whipping around hungrily. Over the last couple of days, I have been feeling intensely drained; drained of my powers and energy. It was impossible for me to age, so that was not the case. I have ruled out that it might just be an affect from bringing the girls here. That is not the case either. It now pained me physically to teleport to a destination. It drained me even more to teleport multiple people; such as my victims.

"Your pathetic life ends here!" I screeched, waiting no longer on torturing him; I was too hungry and drained to wait for that.

My tentacles wrapped around the confused mortal, lifting him off the ground. Steve shouted and flailed upon seeing my faceless features. I squeezed him in my grip; like a snake would squeeze their victims. Most people – or society – have labeled me as a heartless killer. No, they just don't understand... Yes, I do kill. I will admit that... But, I only killed the mortals who have sinned beyond forgiveness. The public had always thought of me as a soul eating monster who stole innocent children. That most definably was not the case. I saved the children. I saved them from their horrible, brutal lives. Yes, I would lead them into my forest and kidnap them, but I would never injure such an innocent creature such as a child. After I would kidnap them, I would hand them over to my brother; Splendor Man. Splendor would always gladly take them, leading them to a carefree life. Splendor always took the children in, allowing them to live in their own fantasies.

"What are you?!" Steve flailed desperately, trying to squirm out of my tentacles.

I thrust him in my face, the skin where my mouth should be was ripping open; the sound of my ripping flesh filling the tense atmosphere.

"The Operator..." I sneered, plunging a tentacle into his throat.

You will go what your daughter went through... I thought bitterly, plunging more tentacles in his throat; causing him to gag and choke, just like he had done to his daughter numerous times. This mortal had truly disgusted me. You die tonight...

...

I politely took a seat next to Nyra, tilting my head at the scene that everyone was laughing at. Jeff had just slapped Masky across the face, for no apparent reason. In results, Masky had punched Jeff in his private area.