Chapter twenty-five: The Devistatonal Twist...

Jeff's POV

      I let off a warning growl, feeling her hands grip my hair, her lips trailing down my jaw. I wanted satisfaction, for this empty feeling. I wanted it to end. This misery. This Hell.

"What do you want?" She purred in my ear, her left hand slowly starting to unzip my stained hood.

I didn't reply instantly. Not even I knew what I wanted, yet here I was; standing in front of her. Letting her control me. Letting her have me. I pressed my back against the brick wall behind me. She followed, her lips never leaving my pale skin. What did I want? What do I want? I didn't know. My chest ached with a cold, dull feeling. I hated this. 

"Jane..." I growled a louder warning, feeling my hood slip off, hitting the ground, "Stop..."

Her own pale hands gripped my bare shoulders, her hot breath tickling my ear. As much as it disgusted me, a shiver ran up my spine.

"We both know you don't want that, Jeffery," Jane cooed in a seductive manner, her hands trailing down my chest and to my belt.

No, I didn't. I don't want her. I don't want her touching me. I hate her. A snarl escaped my lips as I shoved her off, grabbing my hood in the process. Keep your dirty paws off me, I thought with an inward growl; all while ignoring the irritated expression on her face.

"Stay the hell away from me!" I barked as she tried stepping closer.

"Why the sudden change?!" She sneered, glaring at me with her black eyes, "Oh, I know why... That girl. That pretty girl. My, my.. She's got you soft for her. Hm... You screwed her. You became attached! A Pasta isn't supposed to love, Jeff!"

I walked away from her, ignoring her screams and insults. Though, one of her threats caught my attention. It made my temper flare, it made my blood boil. It pissed me off. I snapped back around, suddenly slamming her into the wall I was previously on; lifting her up by her throat with a tight grip. I'd force my knife down her throat. I'd cut her tongue clean off.

"If you touch her..." I spat in hostility, squeezing her throat tighter and making her gasp and cough, "I will.. End. You. I will massacre you. I will make you feel real pain, Jane... Don't. Touch. Alyx."

I snarled like some sort of feral animal, throwing her to the floor to gasp and sob. Without a second glance, I left her behind; her sounds growing silent the farther I walked. I can't even remember how we ended up like that, let alone crossing paths with her. All I remember was just walking down a deserted sidewalk. I needed some fresh air, away from Slender Mansion, and away from the others. Away from Alyx. My fists clenched at the mere thought of her. I hated how she made me feel; helpless and weak. I hated her. She's just another human... What makes her so different?! I've killed plenty of pathetic girls before! I could kill her! I want to kill her! I hate her! I hated... My thoughts trailed off as a weird feeling clutched at my stomach. My heart felt like it was fluttering. God damn it! I knew I didn't hate her, far from it, actually. I... Love... How she makes me feel... She actually sees me. She listens to me. She understands my pain. I felt a sudden urge to hold her then. Hold her tight, even if she didn't want me to. I wanted her to be mine, like the other girls in the house belonged to the other Pastas. I want her. That was an understatement. I needed her. I couldn't survive without her anymore. I actually felt guilty whenever I'd upset her, yelled at her. It hurt when she ignored me, pretended like I didn't exist. Shoving a few bushes aside, I stepped in front of the house we were all staying at. 

"I-I was worried..." I glanced up to the porch area, seeing Alyx standing up from an old chair, "You've been out all day..."

Suddenly, all the bubbly feelings I was having earlier left me. The need to hold her was now long gone, replaced by a deadly rage.

"And?!" I snapped at her with a growl, folding my arms across my chest, "I was out, damn it! Leave me alone, will you? Just go back to your own home! Get out! Go! Get out of my life!"

After screeching everything out at her, I instantly regretted doing so. She stared at me with such hurt, it twisted my heart. Tears were streaming down her cheeks, her jade eyes shimmering with rejection. I wearily watched as she bit her bottom lip, stalking towards me. A loud cracking sound was heard, as if a whip was being cracked at the air. The next thing I knew, the whole side of my left cheek felt as if it were on fire. It was a stinging, burning sensation. I had been slapped across the face, hard.

"Why?! Why are you such an asshole all the time to me?!" It was her turn to scream at me, tears streaming down her cheeks hurriedly, "I've given you everything that I can give you! I've helped you as much as I can! It hurts me, Jeff! It hurts to see everyone happy! To know that you don't feel the same! To know that you never will feel the same! My brother is dead, because of this prophecy! Dead, Jeff! Dead!"

After her screaming, she hid her face into her hands; shoulders shaking as she bawled her eyes out. My chest contorted with an unbearable feeling. My breath started coming in quickly and raggedly. I hated hurting her, yet, here she was: sobbing, hurting, and whimpering in emotional pain. I did this to her.

"A-Alyx..." My voice was barley above a whisper, I hesitantly pulled her into my arms, "No... No, Babydoll... I'm sorry... I didn't mean anything at all... Please, please, don't cry... I'm sorry, Babydoll..."

I rested my chin on her head, holding her tightly. With every cry and whimper she made, my heart twisted and tightened; knowing that I had caused her to be this way. I cooed softly, feeling only slightly relieved when she finally calmed down. Damn... I'm an ass... Why would I say those things to her...? Her small hands clutched onto my hood, her face buried into the crook of my neck.

"Do..." Alyx started out in a whisper, pulling her face out of my neck and locking eyes with me, "Do you... Love me...?"

I felt myself stiffen up at her sudden question. A cold feeling overcame my body as her face looked crestfallen over my small reaction. I can't take this anymore.

"Yes. I do love you," I gently caressed her cheek, "I'm sorry, Babydoll... I'm sorry that I've ever caused you any pain..."

She sniffled, looking up at me; her green eyes still holding a bit of hurt. I felt her release my hood, her hands sneaking up and cupping my cheeks. She's everything to me... She stood up, a little taller, on her tip-toes. Her warm lips pressed against mine, her hands still cupping my cheeks. I wrapped my arms tighter against her waist, pulling her closer to my body. I kissed her back with a burning passion, something that she had taught me how to do.

"I love you..." Alyx whispered, pulling away slightly.

"I-" I was cut off by a loud bang.

Horror filled my very being, feeling her body convulse once in my arms before going completely limp. Her body wanted to drag down to the floor. No! No! Oh, God, no! Panic clutched my heart as I fell to my knees with her. 

"Sorry, did I interrupt something?" Ron's voice cackled psychotically.

I held onto Alyx's body, begging and screeching for her to come back to me. In Ron's hand, was a pistol. He shot Alyx. He shot her dead. I stared at her limp body, actual tears starting to sting at my eyes. everybody started pouring out of the house, gasping and screaming at the brutal sight.

No! No! She's gone... I lost her... I lost the most precious thing that I've had for decades... I can't... I... Alyx...