IV || Your Bittersweet Voice

【 P R E S E N T L Y  :  M E M O R I E S 】

The only source of light came from the campfire situated in the center square of Ordon Village.

Wasn't anyone worried at all that the huts might catch fire? And then the entire village will burn down? Just like yours did not an hour or so ago? You wondered but decided it wasn't exactly the best time to ask such trivial matters.

Even if you could, you couldn't find the strength right now. You were huddled around said campfire, tightly wrapped up in the cloak of your destiny's beloved. Your [e/c] eyes were transfixed upon the flickering embers, almost like you were in a trance.

But the night's events kept replaying and replaying in your head. The last you heard, some of your village's elders and children had been taken captive by the Bulblins; some saved by Ordon's men and some by monkeys.

... But out of everyone, you were the only one to have gotten out unscathed.

It wasn't fair.

You knew that it wasn't morally correct to be asking to be taken captive or injured - as that was a direct insult to the Gods themselves. (Face it, the only reason you were fine was because of their divine protection.) But all you wanted to do was live a normal life. You didn't want any special treatment because you were 'especially' created by the Gods for a certain someone. You really just wanted to lead a simple, normal life.

While you were lost in your thoughts, you had begun to hum lightly, and it was then when he approached you.

Link wasn't too sure why he was so interested in you. Ever since he ran into you, quite literally, in the woods, he had felt something special. It was like an instant connection, even though he's never once seen you before in his life. Somehow, he just had this terribly strong urge to get to know you and to care for you. And he was pretty sure it wasn't just because you were one of the victims of the tragedy that had transpired tonight.

Carefully breaking away from the circle of his village's men, Link slowly approached you. He was just barely a breath away when he suddenly stopped, becoming breathless.

Your voice was by far the most beautiful thing he's ever heard in his eighteen years of life. It was a gentle chime, almost like a soft summer breeze gliding between the lush leaves. It was the sound of sunshine bathing the world in golden prosperity. It was the voice of Mother Earth caring for all that lived.

Not to mention you looked absolutely ethereal with the shadow of those flickering embers dancing across your skin.

It was almost like you didn't belong in this world.

Link suddenly felt all the tension leave his body all at once, filling him with an unexplainable warmth. He felt like a child again, completely free of worries. Yet Link also felt somewhat nostalgic, almost like he's heard your voice before. In a dream, perhaps? But he would never forget something so beautiful and so magical.

"You have a lovely voice," Link spoke without even realizing it.

His presence startled you. You immediately leaped to your feet and spun around to look at him with wide [e/c] eyes filled with shock.

Link almost raised an eyebrow. Your reaction time was quite impressive.

A spark of recognition appeared in your eyes, and your features considerably relaxed. It was him! The boy who had kindly given you his cloak. The one who you were so desperately trying to run away from. The one who had broken your heart countless times in your past lives.

Suppressing the urge to run away, you instead gave him a small smile before kindly greeting him, "hello."

"Hey," Link replied with a wide grin. "You have a lovely voice," he repeated once more, causing your face to blossom into a cute shade of red.