XXI || Light

Hi everyone! I'm soooo sorry for the slow update! D:

-bows a million times-

I never once forgot about this series! I swear I'll finish this story if it's the last thing I do!

I hope you enjoy it!

⋆✩✮✩ ━━━━━━✩✮✩⋆

【 P R E S E N T L Y

You didn't object as Link led you away from the edge of the cliff. In fact, you were the one holding tightly to his hand, almost as if you were afraid he'd vanish if you let go.

Your gaze was fixed straight ahead, unwavering orbs carefully taking in the relieved faces of your fellow guild-mates. Your lips were set into a tight line; your tongue pressed to the roof of your mouth. Your expression suggested that you were calm and collected. On the inside, however, you were experiencing a mess of emotions.

Confusion was your worst enemy.

How come it seemed like whenever you found yourself questioning yourself, your memories would surface and remind you of the tender sweetness that was once shared between you and Link? It was almost as if your mind- no, your heart was fighting against logic. It was an ongoing conflict, a clash between emotion and logic. Which part will reign victorious?

"Oh, [Y/N]!" Ashei immediately pulled you into a tight hug, causing you to release your hold on Link. You felt her thin arms tremble slightly against your frame. Then she tightened her hold, probably an attempt to quell her own panic. "I was so worried! I...!"

You parted your lips with a reassuring response on the tip of your tongue. However, before you got a chance to speak, Ashei quickly pulled back with a glare on her face.

"What were you thinking?! Don't you dare do something like that ever again!"

You blinked once, then twice. Then your lips began to tilt upwards into a small, sheepish smile.

"Sorry, sorry!"

Ashei scrunched her nose, displeased with your feeble attempt at an apology.

"Seriously! I'm honestly, really sorry!" You repeated, hoping you sounded as remorseful as you felt. "See... I have this horrible habit of sleepwalking..."

The black-haired girl looked taken aback by your explanation. Then she narrowed her eyes, giving you a suspicious look. You knew instantly she was unconvinced, even though it was the absolute truth.

Thankfully, you had Link on your side. The hero smoothly intervened, cutting it before Ashei could open her mouth in a retort.

"It sounds ridiculous but trust me; she's telling the truth." Link chuckled softly, peering down at you with a fondness in his eyes. "Do you know how many times she's almost accidentally walked to her death?"

You rudely jabbed your elbow into Link's ribcage. Then you pointedly ignored the painful (and a little high-pitched) yelp that emitted from his mouth.

"Shush."

A wide smile appeared across Link's face. He held a hand against his side, the pressure helping to alleviate the sting. Then he laughed, causing a small blush to creep up your cheeks.

"Aw, come on [Y/N]! Nothing to be ashamed of. I think it's cute."

Your blush darkened at hearing Link call you cute. Refusing to allow your mind to dwell on it, you quickly shook your head. Then you turned toward Link and, with a loud snort, recoiled, "who said I was ashamed of anything? If anyone should be ashamed, it should be your weak attempt to flirt with Telma!"