XXVIII || Fall With Me, Part I

Hi friends! Please stay safe during this time! <3

I'm so sorry for how long it took me to post this chapter. I actually wrote multiple versions because I couldn't decide which direction I wanted to take the story in. I ultimately decided on this one, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I had fun writing it!

Can anyone guess where I drew inspiration from? Tis an old movie/story.
You get a cookie for guessing correctly :3

⋆✩✮✩ ━━━━━━✩✮✩⋆

【 O F   A N O T H E R ,   OTH E R   L I F E

The colours of the sky danced in a blaze of fiery passion. Reds, purples, and blues swirled together across the vast canvas, eventually fading into pure white as night befell the world. The clouds were streaked bright red, reflecting and refracting the brilliant hues of the setting sun.

At the heart of a densely packed forest stood a particular tree. Its branches were spread heaven-bound as thousands of green hues fluttered along with the whispers of the twilight wind. Eons of wisdom were carved into its face, for its roots heard, learned, and saw how the world aged beyond the edges of the dense forest.

"It is ending... The era of the Goddess Hylia." The Deku Tree hummed in thought.

It stretched its strong roots back to direct its solemn gaze upon the shimmering horizon. The bark of its features contorted as it inhaled deeply. Unblinking eyes remained trained on the distance. Only until the last sliver of the sun descended past the edge of the world did the Deku Tree finally exhale a deep, reverberating sigh.

The pale moon ascended into the dark sky, accompanied by the brilliance of a million stars. There was a particular star that caught the Deku Tree's attention. It shone brighter than the rest, twinkling in a particular sequence as if it were trying to convey a message of sorts to the world below.

"But it appears that with the end will come a new beginning," the wise entity mused.

⋆✩✮✩ ━━━━━━✩✮✩⋆

Elsewhere, somewhere beyond the borders of the Lost Woods, lay a bustling settlement. It was a quaint community with a rapidly growing population. Once but a humble little hamlet, it eventually grew to be one of the main towns populated the region. Many flocked there because of its commercial success. Its riches culminated in the construction of many homes, markets, apothecaries, blacksmiths, and schools. However, there remained but a single church at the heart of the settlement.

The town was surrounded by fertile lands that yielded a bountiful harvest year after year. A small creek wound through town, acting as the townspeople's' main water source. During the hotter months, children would happily splash around in the shallow ends of the stream. There was also a small forest nearby, where the village men would depart for their hunt at the break of dawn.

On the eastern side, right at the border between the town and hunting forest, slept a humble blacksmith. Large slabs of stones, dark bricks, and clay tiles were unevenly slabbed together to form the small but successful forge. A large chimney reached up into the sky, its tip charred black from smoke. A large, wooden sign was bolted to the side of the building reading: "Smith & Sons" [1].

With just one glance, anyone could tell that the smithy had seen its fair share of the passing of time. Rumours say that Smith & Sons was one of the first, if not the first, building to have been constructed. Although several blacksmiths are open for business, Smith & Sons remains the preferred smithy in town with a loyal clientele.