XXII || Desire

【 P R E S E N T L Y

It's nighttime by the time you arrived in Goron City. Yet, it was still as hot as ever. No, scratch that. It was even hotter than your midday climb. It felt like you were enveloped in a hot air pocket. The dense air pressure was suffocating.

Thankfully, the Goron tribe was more than prepared to welcome their guests. They provided your group with the appropriate attire that was designed to combat the overwhelming heat. Then a Goron style greeting and feast later, you found yourself falling back onto a rather hard mattress. You had excused yourself from the ongoing festivities, instead deciding to seclude yourself into your assigned room – err, cavern.

There was too much that happened today. Between Shad's near-confession and almost stumbling to your death, you really just needed to be by yourself.

Okay... But where to start?

You weren't going to lie; Shad's near-confession incited a positive reaction from you. You could see yourself falling for him easily. What was there not to like? He was so dependable, reliable, and down-to-earth. Plus, He was completely oblivious to the Goddesses' grand plan. Being with Shad would mean rejecting your destiny, and instead of carving out a future with your own hands. 

Link, on the other hand, was the freaking hero who saved Hyrule. He was brave, charismatic, and possessed a sense of justice like no other. He brought forth something within you. It was something dark yet pure at the same time. There was a deep yearning, an insatiable desire. It was almost like a thirst you couldn't quite quench, and Link was the only one capable of satisfying you. Of course, that was only because you were literally created to love him. Being with him would mean-

Suddenly there's a knock. Just like that, all your thoughts shattered. You quickly sat up, a little too quickly, perhaps, and suddenly feel lightheaded. You instinctively squeeze your eyes shut, feeling the back of your eyes sting slightly. 

Knock, knock.

Opening your eyes, you see Ashei duck into your room- err, cavern? She had changed out of her usual garb and into a fresh set of clothes, ones that were specially made by the Goron to help outsiders withstand the brutal heat of Death Mountain.

"I've come as a representative."

Hi to you too.

You raised an eyebrow, [e/c] eyes dancing in amusement. "Of what?"

"The majority," Ashei replied, this time with a small grin. She tucked a strand of dark hair behind her ear before continuing to say, "come on, you need to try out the hot springs here."

"But I'm so tired." You replied with a small whine before flopping back onto your mattress. "I just want to sleep."

Ashei rolled her large eyes before moving to stand at the edge of the bed. "No way. Come on."

Grabbing hold of your wrists, the black-haired girl began to tug at your limp body. When you didn't respond, she huffed and tightened her hold. Then in one quick pull, you were suddenly standing on your feet.

Before you knew it, you were being ushered out of your cavern and through the corridors. Your protests fell deaf on her ears as she literally pushed you in the direction of the hot springs. During all this, the only thing that came to your mind was: How can someone so small be so strong?

"Come on, Ashei! It's so late already. I just want to go to bed."

"No, no." The black-haired girl remained persistent. "How are you supposed to sleep if you're so tense all the time?" As if to prove her point, she tightly squeezed one of your shoulder blades.