XXVI || Fire Meets Fate

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to say sorry for taking forever to update. It's been a crazy summer for me- with school, work, and family stuff and yeah...

Anywaaaaays x3
Thank you, everyone, for being so patient! I hope you all enjoy this next chapter! I hope I did an okay job :3

ALSO ONE LAST THING:
I KNOW I'M LATE, BUT WOW, THE NEW BOTW TRAILER OMG <3
It's inspired me to write a BoTW fanfic hehehehe... Maybe x3

⋆✩✮✩ ━━━━━━✩✮✩⋆

【 P R E S E N T L Y

Somehow, one way or another, you managed to pull yourself out of bed without help. Your clothes were wrinkled, your hair was a mess, and there were evident dark circles under your eyes. Thankfully, with a little bit of magic, you instantly looked like you had just gotten the best sleep in the world.

After attempting to smooth out the deep wrinkles in your clothes, you dragged yourself down the hallway and towards a large, expansive room. It was circular with a distinctive platform raised in the center. During your journey, this was where Link was challenged to a sumo match against Gor Coron. You chuckled slightly at the memory. Of all things, winning a sumo match was necessary to gain access to the Goron Mines. It was most... How should you put it? Unexpected.

This was also where the Adventurer's Guild was meeting before venturing deep into the heart of Death Mountain.

As you expected, you were one of the last to arrive. It seemed like a conference of sorts had already commenced. Auru, Yunobo, and the Goron Elders stood before the group. They each took turns advising the crowd of the potential dangers that still existed in the mines.

Quietly, you slipped into the crowd, trying your best to blend in with the rest of the group. Your appearance, however, did not go unnoticed by a certain black-haired girl. When Ashei spotted you, she quickly left her spot, weaved through the group, and arrived at your side.

"... Did you sleep okay last night?" She asked softly.

Without skipping a beat, you responded with a lie. "Yes."

"Liar." Ashei scoffed. Despite the accusatory tone of her voice, she gently rested a hand on your shoulder as a sign of comfort.

The corner of your lip twitched slightly before curving upward into a grateful smile. You tilted your head slightly, your gaze meeting hers. Despite the stern look painted across her face, you could see the concern swimming within the depths of her dark eyes.

"Thank you," you whispered gratefully.

Ashei returned your smile with one of her own. She squeezed your shoulder in comfort before dropping her arm back to her side.

Turning your attention forward, you tried your best to focus on whatever was happening. Each of the Goron elders took turns cautioning the adventurers to remain safe. While the monsters were more or less eradicated, you were still venturing into a volcano, for God's sake.

Before you knew it, a series of cheers and claps resounded through the area. You raised your hands and joined in, although with less enthusiasm. Then the crowd began to move, the adventurers starting to make their way into the mines. You awkwardly shuffled along, with Ashei by your side.

⋆✩✮✩ ━━━━━━✩✮✩⋆

The heat that consumed you upon entering the Goron Mines was a thousand times more intense than the climb up Death Mountain. You immediately felt a figurative hammer pressing down against your chest, crushing your lungs. Sirens went off in your head, your mind screaming at you to get out of here.