XXIV || Unravel

Hey, just out of curiosity, what's everyone's favourite LoZ game?

Mine's Twilight Princess :3

⋆✩✮✩ ━━━━━━✩✮✩⋆

【 P R E S E N T L Y

You found it incredibly hard to maintain eye contact with anyone right now. Not the Goron elders, Yunobo, Auru, Ashei, the man you knocked out just an hour ago, Shad, Link... Ugh, especially Link.

"I'm so, so sorry! Please accept my apologies!"

You raised your gaze slowly toward the man standing before you. His head was bowed deeply in apology. You took a step back and covered your chest protectively with your arms. Even though you were now fully clothed, you still felt extremely embarrassed and strangely exposed.

"I didn't mean any harm, really. I lost my way and my wares while travelling to Goron City." The man explained sincerely. "I was hoping to establish a trading route here..."

Looking around, you realized that everyone was patiently waiting for your reaction. The man, who had introduced himself as Rowan, was a young merchant from Castle Town. After an unfortunate turn of events, he ended up wandering Death Mountain, sullied, injured, and completely lost.

The Gorons didn't seem quite upset by the revelation or by the fact that Rowan had been lurking around Goron City. Quite the opposite, actually. They were thrilled to hear that someone wanted to establish a business relation with them. However, they were still sensitive to your current predicament.

"Right... It's... It's okay." You replied with a nervous quiver in your voice. "Um... Actually, I'm really sorry for knocking you out the way I did."

Rowan raised his head and straightened his posture. Despite the fatigue evident in his face, he offered you a small, polite smile. "I deserved it. Really, I'm so sorry."

You averted your gaze, unsure of what else you could possibly say in response. Your head wasn't even present at the moment. You were ungrounded, and your mind was up in space. You tried to focus on the current state of affairs, really, but your thoughts kept wandering over towards Link.

Link's kiss.

It was fleeting and light, but intense. You could still remember how warm his lips felt pressed against yours, how just a simple brush caused sparks to run through your blood. Even now, you could feel the imprint of his lips ghosting over yours.

Dear Gods. It's bad enough that happened while wearing practically nothing except a flimsy towel.

Ah, wait. That wasn't what happened. Link had seen you naked.

To what extent you weren't sure, and you didn't want to know. But when you so blatantly asked, he didn't exactly deny it either. In fact, the way he had looked at you earlier, with such fervour and hunger, left you to believe that he had definitely seen something no one else has.

Link wasn't the only one to have seen you in such an immodest state. Shad saw too. Oh yes, Shad had seen you in nothing but a towel. It wasn't as scandalous as being in the nude, but it still made you feel awfully self-conscious.

You snuck a furtive glance in his direction, only to realize that he was looking at you too. His cheeks began to darken, no doubt because he suddenly recalled seeing you in just a towel. The revelation caused your own cheeks to darken, so you quickly looked away.

Then there was Rowan. Although, you're pretty sure he barely saw anything. Or, if he had, the force you had used to knock him out probably short-circuited his short-term memory. He had come out of nowhere, staggering out of the bushes with a croak. His unkempt appearance had startled you, and you honestly thought he was a new kind of monster. You reacted quickly and accordingly by delivering a blow upside his head. Poor, unsuspecting, and malnourished Rowan crumpled easily.