XX || A Summer's Sky

So apparently, this story is #1 in the #link category. 
Wow, I've been away for so long I didn't even know this was a thing till now. LOL

On that note, I'd like to thank everyone for the support and patience! It really means a lot to me that you guys like this story! :)

⋆✩✮✩ ━━━━━━✩✮✩⋆

【 P R E S E N T L Y

"I just don't want to get in the middle of something complicated. So when you're ready, I'll be happy to hear your answer."

You lagged behind the rest of the adventurers, purposely dragging your feet to create some distance from the group. You were cautious not to drift too far away as to draw unwanted attention to yourself. At the same time, you didn't want to stick too closely to be pulled into a conversation. After all, you really weren't in the mood to engage in any of the excited chatter. You were still reeling from your brief exchange with Shad.

What was that exactly? What did he mean when he said those things?

Is it okay for you to just accept his words as they are? Or was there some kind of hidden meaning you were supposed to interpret?

Since when did Shad have such an effect on you?

That's when your mind recalled that look on his face. It was so different and so unusual compared to the norm. Shy and awkward, the redhead usually regarded you with tender sweetness and a small blush dusted across his cheeks. Sometimes he wouldn't even be able to hold eye contact with you, preferring instead to stare at his shoes.

What you saw just a few moments ago, however, wasn't sweet shyness.

It was desire.

Desire... For you?

Feeling the beginning of an oncoming headache, you stopped in your step. You closed your eyes and rubbed your temples, hoping the pressure would alleviate the tension in your head.

Perhaps you were taking this too seriously?

What should you do now? How should you behave around him from now on?

Do you avoid him? Or do you act normally?

Did you want to try living without the hands of fate tugging at your strings? Or should you just accept the fact that no matter what you do, you'll always be bound to Link?

【 O F A N O T H E R L I F E

A series of knocks resounded from the other side of the door, shattering your concentration. You blinked a few times, returning to reality. You had been so immersed in your novel that it seemed like the rest of the world had momentarily vanished. It was some cheesy romance about a princess falling in love with the prince from a rival kingdom. You weren't usually the type to get so invested in that genre due to your own circumstances, but this story was oddly captivating. It was hard, but you somehow managed to lower the novel to your lap.

"Come in!"

The door immediately opened, barely making a sound. Standing on the other side was none other than the Hero of Time. A smile lit up his features as soon as his eyes met yours.

"Hey," Link greeted softly. He closed the door behind him and easily crossed over to your side with just a couple of long strides. "When did you wake up?"

"Not too long ago," you replied with a small smile. No longer interested in the story, you closed the book and placed it on the nightstand.