A not so happy birthday

Jason's pov

I'm gonna take her fishing to break the news to her. I cast my line then sit down as she sits down, kicking her legs over the dock. "Honey, we need to talk about something." She looks up at me. "I know when I said I wasn't marrying Rachel.... But I really want to.... And I proposed to her last night." Her eyes get wide. "Please don't be upset, honey. I really care about Rachel." "I'm not upset." I'm a little confused. "You're not?" "No, me and Aunt Kasi talked the other day." Well this went alot easier then I thought. Thank goodness. A big weight lifted off my shoulders. Just then my phone rings. It's Luke. "Hey how's your honeymoon?" I ask. "It was going good but Lisa got sick halfway through so we're coming home early." Got sick. Oh I wonder if it's what I'm thinking. "Ok, well me and Rachel are gonna get married too." "Whoa really?! Congratulations man!" He says. I nod and get off the phone. We pack our stuff and head home. "Daddy, I want you to meet my friend Keith from school." She says, grabbing my hand. "Ok, I'll call his parents and arrange a meeting." "Too late, Mrs. Rachel did it for us." Just then she and a boy I'm guessing is Keith walks out of the kitchen. I wave. "I love your music sir." He says, shaking my hand. "Wow, uh well thanks. My daughter has told me alot about you." They go up to play along with Sierra. She's only 7. They aren't old enough to be in love.

Miranda's pov

My cheeks are bright pink when Keith holds my hand and we sit crosslegged on the floor. Sierra stands by the door. "What are we gonna play?" She asks, crossing her arms. We just stay sitting and staring in each other's eyes. I think I'm in love.

*the next day*

I get home from school and Uncle Luke is home! "Uncle Lukey!" I cry, hugging him. "I missed you!" He smiles and picks me up. "Hey princess. I heard somebody met a boy." He says. My cheeks get red. He puts me on his shoulders and I hug his neck. "Yeah, I think I love him." I whisper, my voice muffled by his hair. Just then daddy grabs me off of Luke making me squeal in surprise. "Ha ha, got ya." He says, teasingly. I smirk up at him and he sets me down. "Me and Luke have to talk about some stuff." He says.

Jason's pov

Both girls go upstairs to play. "So you're getting married? What does little scamp think about that?" Luke asks. "I wish you wouldn't call her that." "Why? She likes it." "But yes I'm getting married and she's just fine with it. So you're pregnant?" His eyes go wide. "Pregnant? What do you mean?!" "You came home early because she was sick? Or was it morning sickness?" He shakes his head and lays on the couch. "No, just sick. We took tests. She's not pregnant." I shrug and grab a couple beers. I toss one to him. The girls come back downstairs. "We're hungry." Sierra says, climbing onto Luke's lap and sitting on his stomach. He makes an oof sound and I try not to laugh. He shoots a glare at me. "So what do you and little scamp want?" He says, annoying me. He knows I can't stand that he calls her that. "We want red lobster!" Sierra yells jumping up and down on Luke's stomach. "Ow jeez! Honey stop that!" He gasps, picking her up and sitting up. She laughs. "Red lobster?" He asks me. I nod and grab my keys, putting my unopen beer back in the fridge. "You're designated." He says, pointing. "Uh we're both designated. You aren't getting drunk in front of the girls." I say, glaring at him. We go out to eat and when the waitress walks by Sierra taps her shoulder. She smiles. Sierra whispers something to her. "Oh really now?" She says, walking away. "What did you tell her?" I ask pointing at her. She just laughs and takes another bite of her food. "Looks like we've got a birthday in the house." The waitress says. Oh jeez! It is my birthday but I don't want people to know. Luke laughs like crazy. "I'm good guys, really!" I gasp, embarrassed. They start singing happy birthday and I hide my head with my hat. When they're done with that, a waiter walks over to an intercom, birthday party has to walk the plank!" He shouts. "What?!" I gripe, not wanting to. Miranda jumps out of her chair. "Oh come on daddy! It'll be fun!" She cries, grabbing her hand. Just then Rachel and Lisa walk in the resturaunt and Luke puts his phone away. It's a damn ball pit. "I am not jumping in that." I mutter. "Please!" My daughter begs, giving me the puppy dog face. I glance at it again. "Oh alright I've done worse making a fool of myself." I say, standing up and forcing a smile. "Happy birthday." Rachel says, hugging me. "Luke, I'm gonna kill your dumbass tomorrow." I grumble, glaring at him. He pushes me forward. We go up where they are. "I may be going down but I ain't goin' down alone." I grab Rachel around the waist and Luke pushes us in just then the girls jump in landing on top of me. Luke stands at the top. "You comin'?" I ask. He laughs and shakes his head. "Oh yeah you are." I whisper, grabbing his ankle and pulling him in. The whole resturaunt cheers.