Chapter 3

*The next morning*

*Spencer's POV*

I had just sorted out the times that all the children's parents will come at. It's tomorrow night. I woke up at 4am this morning, just to do this.

Finally the bell rang. I quickly went to get my class and guided them to the classroom. "Okay guys, I want you all to take a time. Your parents can come and see me if they want to. It's okay if the don't want to though. It's their decision." I say as I hand out the times. "Put them in your bags and give them to your parents when you get home" I instruct. They all do what they're told and then we get to work.

*Toby's POV*

Today was a stressful day at work. I didn't stop all day. I finally finished in time to pick up Lily. She ran up to me and leaped into my arms. "Hey, did you have a good day?" I say as I take her school bag in my hand. I have her hand in my other one. We walk to my truck and she tells me about her day. In detail. She loves school and always talks about it. When we get in my truck she grabs her bag. "Oh, Miss Hastings told me to give you this." She said handing me a note that said 15:00. "You have a meeting with the teacher" she continues. "Okay, will we go?" I ask. "Yes!" She instructs. "Okay, let's go home."

I drive home and make dinner. I then take Lily to her baking club. It's called baking buddies. She makes something every week. It costs $5 but if it makes her happy then I'll pay. She's always had a love for baking. Her mom used to bake a lot. She can't remember that though. I decide to go for a walk round Rosewood while she's at her club. She's there for an hour so I have plenty time.

I've been walking for about 15 minutes when i bump into her. Milk girl. "Hey" I say with a smirk. "What you doing out here." I ask. "Oh, hey, I'm just going to get milk" she teases. We both laugh. "Why are you out here" she asks. "Just going a walk" I reply still smiling. "Mind if I join you?" She asks, nudging me with her shoulder. "No, I wouldn't mind at all." I say, before we start walking side by side. Both my hands are in my jacket pocket and so are hers. It's a cold winter nights. It's inky 6 o'clock but it's dark and freezing. "So, do you work?" She asks me curiously. "Yes, I'm a carpenter actually" I say, looking to see her reaction. She doesn't have a reaction. She just nods and smiles. "Cool, I'm a teacher" she said her head still nodding. "Cool" I say. As I was on my way back to get Lily, we pass her apartment building. "Oh, this is my stop." She said smiling. "Oh" I say, disappointed. I still had 5 blocks to walk. "See you around" she said, turning around, smiling and walking away. "See ya" I mumble and continue walking. I can't help but smile. She makes me smile.

I go pick up Lily and take her home. I put her to bed and I can't help but smile. I haven't stopped smiling since I left her, an hour ago. I sat, eating Lily's cup cakes she made. For a 5 year old, she's a good baker.

(hey guys, how are you? What do you think? I hope you like it - Emma xx)