Chapter 6

*Spencer's POV*

Ever since Aria picked me up at the park yesterday she's been constantly texting me. I literally just got up and I have 15 messages.

Last night she came back to my apartment and left around 11pm. I was so tired. It's only 6:30, and I've been woke, up for what feels like the 100th time, by my phone.
Aria: Hey
Aria: Are you ready?
Aria: hurry!
Aria: Spence?
Aria: Spence!!!!

Before I can even answer, my phone started ringing. As soon as I picked up my cell she starts ranting through the phone.

"Spence, why aren't you picking up? I've text you. Do you not look at your phone? We need to get ready for the wedding. I........" I cut her off before she has a chance to start again.

"I just woke up. I'll be ready in an hour. Pick me up at 8 okay?"

"Fine." She said "you better be ready." She said jokingly.

"I will, I promise." I say before ending the call.

It's now exactly 1 in the afternoon. We've been shopping for 5 hours and all we have is the colour of the bridesmaid dresses. We decide to go to the brew before doing more shopping. We both order our coffee.

"So, we haven't really gossiped today." She starts. "Do you have any?" She asks smirking.

"Not really" I say taking a sip of my coffee.

"There must be something" she says. She knows I'm keeping something from her and I can't help but smile. I don't really want to tell her about my date. It hasn't even happened yet.

"Nothing" I reply, starting to look down, not giving her eye contact. As I sip my coffee a huge smirk appears on my face and I can't help but laugh.

"Spence, what is it? We tell each other everything. Is it a guy?" She try's to look into my eyes but I make sure she can't.

"Maybe" I say chuckling to myself.

"OMG!!!!! Spencer has a crush." She like a 7 year old. Do you that way when you try to tease someone so you kind of sing it? That way.

"He's so sweet. He's different." I say taking another sip of my coffee. "There's one problem."

"Does he have a girlfriend?" She said in a concerned tone.

"No" I take a pause "he's the father of one of my students." I say starting to frown a little.

"And....." Aria starts.

"That's it" I say bluntly.

"So why should that stop you from going out with him?"

"I don't know"

*that night*

I was thinking about what Aria said about Toby. Would it be to inappropriate to go out with a students parent? I like him though. The scary thing is, I like him a lot a lot. You know that feeling you get in your stomach when you see that one person? You get so nervous that you start to sweat and when you look in their eyes, the world stops spinning and it's just the two of you. Is that just me?

I was just lying on my sofa, looking at the ceiling, thinking of that magical feeling I get when I'm with him. My thought get interrupted when my phone starts singing the weird ringtone I set. When I look at the screen and Toby's name appears. Speak of the devil.

"Hey" I say a lot more excitedly than I was trying to be. Act cool Spencer!

"Hey" he said laughing quietly from the other end of the phone. I could hear him. I just ignored it and tried to act cool. "So, what's up?" I ask. I tried not to sound to weird. Why do I even care? What the hell has changed?

"I wanted to know what days this week you were free. Of course at night" when he said the last part he started chuckling and so did I.

"I'm free every week night but not this weekend, maid of honour stuff" I reply.

"Who's made of honour are you?" He asked.

"one of my friends, I don't have an interesting social life." We both start laughing once again. He finally replies after a long pause.

"Okay" he passes as if he's trying to think. "How about, maybe, eh, Tuesday? I mean I'll need to ask Sandra to look after Lily but I'm sure she'll be fine with it." He said. He sounded really organised, unlike me.

"Okay but if Sandra can't look after Lily she can......" I was cut off by Toby.

"Look, if she can't look after her I will find someone. I want this to be a night with just you and me. I want to get to know you." He said gently. I was speechless at first but I realised that I was going to say my friends could look after her.

"Toby, I have 3 friends with no social life either, they can look after her." I reply with a soft, quiet laugh. He giggles quietly through the phone.

"I'll text you what's happening or I'll see you tomorrow at the school." He said.

"Bye" and before he can say bye back to me I've hung up the phone. I lay the phone against my chest. I got that weird feeling again. You know the one I explained earlier? Yeah, that one. I can't wait till Tuesday.

(Hello fellow Spoby shippers. This chapter was quite boring and there was no Spoby. Aria and Ezra are getting married and maybe Spencer will take a date to the wedding. You will find out soon anyway. Thanks for commenting and voting. Love you - Emma)