Chapter 35

The songs for this chapter are:-

The one that got away ~ Katy Perry

Just the way you are ~ Bruno Mars

Secret love song ~ Little Mix ft. Jason Derulo

Infinity ~ One Direction

•••

*Toby's POV*

"Hey." I cheered as Lily came running up to me. "Did you have fun?"

"I saw Spencer." She says.

"What?" I can feel my chest tighten at the mention of her name.

"Yeah, she was in the supermarket." Lily smiles. "She said that she saw elephants in Africa." She laughs, putting her arm up to her nose like an elephants trunk.

"Thanks Sandra." I smile before going into our house. Lily plops down in the couch. "What else did she say?" I ask. I can't believe she's back.

"She said she would take me to Africa next time she goes." She smiles. "To see the elephants."

"Oh." I sigh. "You stay here. Do you want dinner?" I ask walking into the kitchen.

"No." Lily shouts.

I quickly grab my phone from the table and grab my coat.

"Lily!" I call. She runs into the kitchen. "Grab your jacket." I say as I take my keys.

*Spencer's POV*

I'm just lying on my couch, day dreaming.

When I saw Lily in the store, I didn't even recognise her. She looks so grown up and I hate to admit it but she looks just like Yvonne. She has Toby's eyes though. Her smile is like Toby's and she talks like him. It's cute.

The way she said "eight years young" reminded me of Toby's awful humour. He always made me laugh though.

I wonder if Yvonne got what she wanted. I wonder if she got her family back. I hated that bitch but if it meant Lily and Toby were happy, I would do it all over again.

The door goes, knocking me out of my trance.

"Coming." I shout as I make my way to the door. The knock repeats. "I'm coming!" I say as I open the door.

"Hey." Hanna says. "I need to talk to you." She sighs.

"What about?" I ask, confused.

"Toby."

*Toby's POV*

I knock on the door. Crossing my fingers that someone will answer. Lily stands impatiently at the door, ready to dart straight in the house.

The door swings straight open and she races inside the house.

"Wow! She's fast." Caleb laughs as he watches Lily race right over to Brad, the big chocolate lab. "What's up?"

"Spencer's back." I sigh. Stepping into the house. "What will I do?"

"I suggest you talk to her." He laughs, heading into the living room.

"But..... She left me. Without even saying goodbye." I breath, running my hand through my hair.

"You did shout at her." He defends.

"She cheated on me." I say, giving him a glare.

"And she was drunk." He laughs. Lily comes racing in with one of Brads chew toys in her hand.