Chapter 22

The songs for this chapter are:-

Road between ~ Lucy Hale

Little things ~ One Direction

Safety pin ~ 5 SOS

If I could fly ~ One Direction (I only added this in at the last minute because it's the cutest song ever! It makes me cry every time!)

•••

*Spencer's POV*

"This is it everyone. I hope you enjoyed your tour." The tour guide cheerfully stated. "Have a great stay in Washington and a great life." He shouted.

"Wow, he cheery." Hanna stated with an eye roll as we walk out of the White House. The whole time she complained that she was bored or hungry. She was worse than my students at school.

"I thought that was really cool!" I chimed. Hanna just rolled her eyes again.

"You would." She whispered under her breath. "Anyway, let's go get our party stuff on!" She said as we all got into a cab.

"Why?" Aria asks, obviously clueless.

"We're going out tonight!"

*Toby's POV*

After Spencer left I went back to work. I would have stayed home with Lily if I could afford it but my manager said he would sack me if I didn't 'get my ass in gear'.

The only thing is, when I get to work, I get distracted. My distraction is annoying, irritating but the most beautiful girl in the world. Spencer.

It's been really awkward between us, ever since I told her about my past. I'm scared it won't ever be the same between us again. I'm scared she'll leave me.

"Toby!" My boss shouts. I shoot my head up. "Stop day dreaming!"

"Sorry, sir." I say quietly. I start to move the materials over to the site again.

These things are heavy. I'm quiet hungry. Has Lily had her lunch yet? I wonder if Spencer has had lunch? I wonder what she's doing, right now.

"Toby!"

"Sorry!" I shout back. Damn it. She is getting on my nerves and she isn't even here. I can't concentrate.

"What are you thinking about?" My boss asks as he walks over.

"It's nothing." I say as I pick up the materials again.

"Are you sure?" He questions. I look into his eyes and I can see he's serious.

"I'm fine. I promise. I'm just hungry." I laugh.

"Go have your lunch. Come back when your finished though." He says, genuinely meaning it. I nod my head and make my way to my truck.

*Spencer's POV*

"Ready?! Hanna shouts from outside my door.

"Yep, two minutes!" I shout back. I put on my red lipstick and check my hair in the mirror one last time before I walk out to meet them.

"Hey." I say when I walk out my room. They all look me up and down and smile.

"Let's go" Hanna cheers.

"What's up with her?" I whisper to Aria. She just laughs and shakes her head.

"She already has some alcohol in her system." She laughs before following behind Hanna down the long hall of the hotel.

"Okay! Who wants a drink?" She shouts over the loud music. Hanna had to pick the table right beside the dance floor and bar. That's Hanna for you.

"Me!" I shout back. I probably shouldn't have a drink but right now, after all that's happened back home, I deserve one.

"Okay then, 4 drinks coming up!" She yells before walking off.

"We didn't even answer." Emily laughs. We all just chuckle quietly before we start talking again. Just the usual with us, gossip.

"So, will you tell us what really happened with Toby?" Emily asked. All attention was aimed at me. I look over to Hanna who's still at the bar ordering the drinks.

"I'm really not comfortable...."

"Spence, you can trust us. We won't judge." Aria says before I can finish. The two of them stare at me contently. I keep taking little glances Hanna who seems to be having conversation with the bar tender.

"Spence?" Aria asks.

"Guys, it's nothing. He will be coming to the wedding with me." I sigh. They give me a weird look but brush it off. What is with them? It's my life.

Aria and emily start talking about some thing that I'm not really interested in. Instead of joining in with their conversation I just sit thinking of Toby. I want to know why he is acting so weird. He should be able to trust me. He said he did trust me. Did he? I really need that drink.

"Hey" I hear a deep voice from my side. I turn round to see a tall, muscular body and a smirk on a very handsome mans face.

"Do I know you?"I ask, confused. Is this what happens at clubs. You talk to complete strangers. For all I know he could be a kidnapper or cereal killer.

"No but I would like to get to know you some more." He said, smirking.

"Wow, smooth" I say quietly to myself. He obviously didn't hear me because he's still smiling that creepy way he was ten seconds ago.

"So, wanna dance?" He asks same smirk on his face.

"I'm okay, I'm just going to sit with my friends thanks." I say as I move closer to Emily, who's still in deep conversation with Aria.

"I'll see you around." He winks before walking away. Creep.

"The drinks!" Hanna says as she sits a tray down in front of me. I quickly take a drink from the tray and take massive gulps of it until it's completely finished. I slam the glass down in the table.

"Another"

•••

(Hey guys, here you go! I might post another chapter if I have time.

What do you think will happen? And I now know exactly how this book will end and how it will get to the end. Which means there will be probably like ten chapters left or less. I might do a sequel though.

I now update on a Friday OR Sunday.

Please like and comment ~ Emma xx:)