Chapter 19

The songs for this chapter are:-

Never be ~ 5SOS

Hey Angel ~ One Direction

See you again ~ Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth

It was really hard to choose songs for this chapter so I don't know if these really fit in.

•••

*Toby's POV*

Once Spencer left I put on some clothes and started my long drive to collect Lily. I've missed her. This is the first time she's not been with me overnight since she was born. I hope she's okay. If she wasn't I'm sure Darren would have phoned me. Would he?

My phone pulls me out of my trance when it rings. I put it on speaker quickly.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's Darren." He states. Thank god it's him.

"Hey, everything alright?" I ask worried.

"Yeah, yes. I was just wondering when your coming to get Lily?" He asks. I can't tell if he's scared or nervous. By the sound of his voice not everything seems okay.

"I'm on my way right now." I answer.

"Oh." He seems of whisper something in the other end of the line but I can't make out what he's saying.

"Are you sure everything is okay?" I ask again. He seems to hesitate before he answers.

"Em...... Yeah..... I'll .... eeehhh.... Tell you when you get here." He stutters. I'm really starting to worry now.

"Is Lily okay?" I can feel my heart rate increase and I must be twenty miles per hour over the speed limit.

"Not really." He says truthfully. I start to drive a lot faster now. I need to get to her.

"What happened? I ask, already panicking.

"She started getting marks on her skin so we took her to the doctors because she was really ill." Darren States.

"And....?" I'm getting impatient.

"Well she has....... Measles."

I freeze. She can't. Measles can kill!

"I'm coming right now." I say as I hang up the phone.

On the way there I must have broken the speed limit a lot. I just kept thinking, what's going to happen to her? Will she live?  Surprised I never got pulled over by the police for speeding.

When I got there I ran straight to her. She was lying in their bed, her body full of little marks. She was asleep and at first I didn't even recognise her. Her face is pale and she cuddling her doll.

Darren and his wife come up the stairs and give me a sympathetic look.

I don't realise I'm crying until Darren hands me a tissue.

"It's okay man, the doctor said you should take her to the hospital when you get home." He said soothingly. He put a hand on my shoulder and I just nodded my head. "I'll go get you her bag." He said before leaving the room.

I just stare at my daughter in disbelief. This poor little girl goes through so much. First her mom left her and now she has a life threatening disease.

Darren comes back up with her bag and hands it to me. I put it over my shoulder before lifting her into my arms. She doesn't seem to wake as I take her to my truck and place her in the passenger. Darren hands me her doll and puts a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"Call me when you get home." He says.

"I will." I say getting into the passenger seat.

"I'm always here for you, man. Remember that. Come anytime you want." He assures me.

"Thank you."

"Safe driving." He says as I fasten my seat belt. He moves back from the golden truck and I give him a quick wave before pulling away.

This is going to be a long drive.

*Spencer's POV*

The whole day went by and I still haven't heard from Toby. I know he's going to collect Lily but I thought he would have called. I'm sure everything is okay.

When was driving to work this morning when a thought crossed my mind. What was Calum talking about last night? I forgot to ask Toby and since he hasn't called I have know idea what is happening. Plus I haven't had a chance to tell him that I'm going to Washington this weekend for Arias bride thing and I was hoping he would be my date to Arias wedding next weekend.

So we need to have a very long discussion.

•••

(Hey guys! I hope you are all having a great day. I'm such a good mood because it's finally a new year! 2016 I would hope will be a good year. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

What do you think? I know Lily is really unwell and it broke my heart having to write that bit but I've been planning this since the start of the book so don't worry! And I wonder how Spencer will take the news. Plus Spencer wants to know what's happening with Calum. DRAMA! That's the only thing I can say.

Please vote and Comment ~ Emma xx;)