Chapter 10

*Spencer's POV*

"Good morning class!" I say to my class of 5 year olds as they sit down. Lily sits in the front row and all she does is smile as I start to instruct the class. The class all start work and I sit at my desk and correct their homework.

"Miss hastings" I small voice says just in front of me. Lily hands me a small note and walks back to her seat. I smile at her as she looks up from her desk a couple seconds later. The note said

Dear Miss Hastings,

Before I start I don't want you to get your hopes up. This isn't a romantic poem or anything, I was wondering if you would like to go for a walk tonight with my daughter and I. I wasn't sure if I would see you after school today and this was the second best option. If you are busy then that is fine, I'll just need to take you out on another date but for now this is all I can afford. If your coming please meet me at Frankie's (the shop just found the corner from the brew).

Yours Truly
Toby xx :)

I can't help but smile as I read it and when I look up from my desk the whole class is staring at me with wide eyes. I quietly clear my throat. "Back to work" I instruct and they all turn back to the jotter in front of them.

The whole day goes so quickly after that. Ever since Lily gave me that letter she has been really quiet. She won't even give my eye contact and I'm starting to worry. I keep thinking of her father. The man that gives me butterflies every time I see him and the man who can brighten my whole day with just his smile. I'm knocked out my trance when the bell goes to end the day. I take the class outside to their parents and make sure Lily is last. Toby's standing in the middle of the yard with a backpack over his shoulder. When he's sees Lily his face lights up and walks over.

"Hey you." He says cheerfully while picking her up. She doesn't reply though and both, me and toby, look at each other worriedly.

"She's been acting like this all day." I say quietly. Toby's smile quickly faded to a frown and he squeezes Lily to his chest. Swaying back and forth. I smile lightly and turn around to head back to the class.

When I'm halfway down the corridor I hear footsteps running behind me. "Hey, Spence wait." Toby shouts. When I turn around Lily isn't with him. "She's in my truck." He answers my thoughts before I can even process them.

"Are you coming tonight" he asks.

"I don't know, I...."

"Aw I get it. It's okay." He says before quickly turning on his heel. What?

"Toby!" I shout but he doesn't look back. By the time I run to the door his truck is gone and I'm left at the front of the school, confused.

(Hello. How are you all? I've decided that every Sunday or Monday I will update and if you are lucky, I might give you extras a week. I'm really busy but when the Christmas holidays come I'll be able to update more. I was thinking about putting songs that I listen to while writing, at the start. I was also going to make a book where I can meet you all. I would just tell you about my life and I can get to talk to some of you. Let me know what you think. Please vote and comment ~ Emma :)