Chapter 11

A/N: Hey guys! This book is now up to 747 reads and I'm so excited!!! Please tell others about the book if you like it!! Now, I figured it's been some time without any Collin, so I'm going to make this chapter his POV! It starts right after the last chapter just cuz I don't think it's necessary to repeat it in another POV. So here it is, and please comment guys, thx!!! :-D

P.s. I'll tell you when to play the video and it'll make more sense. ;-)

***

Collin's POV

Watching Stephanie dance and sing is one of the most exhilarating things I've ever experienced. No concert and no fan meet and greet has ever given me the high that this girl laughing and singing does. But I know it's safer to keep her as a best friend, because my life is way too hectic, and she shouldn't be brought into that circus. Doesn't mean I'm selfless enough to not be her friend, though.

Amy and Noah do some elaborate dance moves to the song "Dj got us fallin' in love again" that just came through the speakers, and I watch my best friend's face light up. It's so great to see him finally smiling again after such a long time with fake smiles for the paparazzi. I smile at Stephanie's adorable laugh as I twirl her, when suddenly a furious voice covered in fake sweetness comes from the doorway.

"Guys, what are you doing there?" Says a voice strained with controlled anger. I look over and see a girl that looks exactly like all the fake blondes I know in Hollywood glaring at Stephanie, and the director at her side looking bored.

"Just in case your brain cells have died from all the bleach you put in your hair, let me explain it to you Barbie. It's called dancing, it's when you move to the rhythm of the music." Amy says with a big, fake smile. I look at Noah who's struggling not to smile and I smirk.

The blonde glares at Amy, then turns back to me with a flirtatious smile, completely ignoring Stephanie. I raise an eyebrow at her as she twirls a piece of her hair and bats her, probably fake also, eyelashes.

"I'm Stacy, it's soo great to meet you. I'm, like, your biggest fan." She said giggling. Stephanie rolls her eyes and I hear Amy cough and say something that sounded suspiciously like "bimbo". This time Noah can't contain his laughter, but tries and fails to cover it up with a cough. Stacy's jaw clenches, but she keeps her smile intact.

"Well, it's nice to meet another fan, Stacy." I tell her with my fake smile. I then look at the director who's looking at all of us with annoyance and say, " Ma'am Noah, Blake and I have chosen Amy, Jessica and Stephanie as our partners."

Stacy turns red with anger at being dismissed, but I ignore her and look at Mrs.Benson as she nods.

"That's perfect gentlemen, I'll go write it down now. Please, do come out now as we're about to get started on lessons and signing up for events." She tells us. We all nod and she leaves the room with an angry Stacy. I look back at Stephanie who has a mix of emotions in her sky blue eyes.

"Hey, who was that girl? It looked like there's some bad blood between you two." I ask her. She pulls away from my arms and they immediately feel empty without her. She sighs and answers.

"That's my stepsister, unfortunately."

I look at her in surprise. These two girls are nothing alike and not the slightest bit of affection us there for each other. I'd heard of bad step-families, but this one seemed to take the cake.

Just as I'm going to ask her more, though, Amy came over and interlocked their elbows.

"We should get going before the lovely Mrs. Benson comes back." She says.

I nod slowly, but I know this isn't over. I want to know more about Stephanie, about why she has a step-family and much more.

We walk back to the grand ballroom and sit as a group at a table. I look around and see many girls glaring at our table, and I sigh. They all want the person they hear about on tv or in magazines, but that wasn't me. They couldn't find out who I was through Wikipedia or people magazine.