Chapter 16

A/N: Hello everyone!! Gosh, it's been so long and I'm so sorry for that, but I really needed to take a break from wattpad and focus on school. But now I'm back, and I'm very excited for these new chapters! This one especially is a very important chapter and will definitely be a huge turning point in the book. You'll find out a lot about Collin! I hope it's a good chapter, but it's in Collin's POV and since I'm not a guy I don't know how well I did portraying him. Fingers crossed! Now, for all you "Collanie" shippers, this one's for you!!

**Picture of the second part of the photo shoot**

Collin's POV

There were two times in my life when I was shocked to the point of not being able to speak. One was when I was when I heard the news of my father's death, and the next was when I got the news that Royal Studios wanted to sign me on. Needless to say I believed I had a great grasp of how to handle shocking situations.

That belief was shattered to shreds the second I saw Steph.

Sure, she was gorgeous normally, but she was especially breathtaking all dressed up in a gown. The light blue of her dress seemed to make her skin glow under the lights, and her usually windblown red hair was in a complex updo that revealed the delicate slope of her neck. Small diamond earrings hung on her ears, and silver heels were on her feet making her legs look even longer.

I didn't realize how long I'd been staring until Paolo, the photographer, yells out to me.

"COLLIN! I understand the girl's stunning, but could you please snap out of it and listen so I can go over what we're doing?"

I feel a light blush on my cheeks, and clear my throat to hide my embarrassment. Steph laughs softly and walks over with me to where Paolo is standing with his hands on his hips in front of his camera.

"Listen up kids, because I'm about to tell you everything we're going to do. First, we're going to do restaurant shots to showcase the clothes in a high class environment. Then, we'll get shots of you two dancing and having fun in the gazebo outside. I have people putting finishing touches on it while we do this and while twilight comes, so that way we have the perfect lighting for the romantic aura I need. Any questions?" He says.

"Um actually," Steph replies timidly. "I just wanted to know, what do you want us to do while we're here at the table? Do we just pretend to eat?" Paolo shakes his head while laughing softly in a teasing manner.

"No dear. I want you to pertend that Collin here is your boyfriend and that this is a romantic date he's taking you on. So, basically, hold hands, look all lovey dovey and crap like that, ok?" He tells her.

Steph starts to look a little pale, so I walk over and cradle her face in my hands. Her big, trusting blue eyes look up at me.

"Steph, it's a super simple, totally platonic and fun photo shoot. All we have to do is act like we're love sick fools that can't keep their eyes off each other. We just have to act and show off the clothes in both settings. Don't worry, it's truly not as scary as you think, I promise." I tell her earnestly.

Her eyes seem to cloud sadly for a second, but they immediately brighten again and she smiles and nods. Must have imagined it.

"Alright," Paolo says into his megaphone. "Now that everything is settled, I need my two models to make their way to the table and for the lighting crew to dim the lights. I only want a small glow illuminating them. Remember people, we're going for romantic!"

Everyone gets to work, and Steph and I sit at the table. I fix my cuff links and look over at Steph to see her adorable nose scrunched up at the scene in front of her with confusion and a little fear. I put my hand on top of hers, and she snaps her head back to me with wide doe eyes.