Chapter 21

A/N: I wasn't planning on having another chapter for the next week or so because of all the projects I have due in school this week, but this idea wouldn't leave me alone until I finished it, so here you go!

**Picture: Stephanie's muffins**

**Song: Fearless by Daechelle**

Stephanie's POV

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I groan and move around on the cloud-like bed. What is that horrible wailing sound? It can't be my alarm seeing as how it's the weekend, so what is it?

It stops just as suddenly as it came on, and I sigh in relief and snuggle deeper into my pillow trying to get back to my wonderful chocolate filled dream. Then, the horrid sound comes again.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Aaahhhrrgghh!!!!" I yell out. I clench my teeth in annoyance, and try to get out of bed and stop the terrible sound wailing throughout the house. Try being the operative word here, because the second I move I realize I am completely cocooned in the bed sheets. So, naturally since this is my life we're talking about here, by trying to move I actually make myself roll and I can't stop until I fall to the cold, hard ground below. I groan from the pain shooting up my lower back.

SOB!!

I grumble to myself as I grab a robe (and some earplugs for the horrible sound that was still wailing), and pad down the stairs where a cloud of dark smoke was gathering. I immediately become alert and run to the corner of the hallway where there's a fire extinguisher, then to the kitchen where the fire seems to originate from.

I'm smothered in smoke, so I cover up my mouth with my robe and spray straight out with the fire extinguisher. When I'm done, I look to the side and see Amy standing there with a horrified, and slightly guilty look on her face which is covered with liquud carbon dioxide from the fire extinguisher. I narrow my eyes.

"Can you please explain to me what in the name of Santa's big pot-belly you were doing here?" I yell out. I'm so pissed off I can't see straight. You see, you mess with my sleep and you get a mix between a grizzly bear and a raccoon with rabies. You just don't do it!

"W-w-well I, I just wanted to cook some m-m-muffins," she stutters. My right eye begins twitching.

"Amy," I say with a very harsh voice. "Why would you try to cook? Especially something that ambitious? The last time you tried to cook ramen noodles it took the fire department five hours to deem your house toxic free!"

"I just wanted to impress Noah, okay!" She yells out. "He's coming over today with Collin, and I wanted to have cooled muffins to give him and say they were mine but I couldn't even do that. I really am a screw up."

I look at her steadily as her shoulders slump and she slides to sticky floor. Her arms wrap around her knees, and tears begin to gently trickle out of her eyes. I sigh and walk over to hug her.

"Loom Ames, I think I was too harsh, and I'm sorry. I was just angry about being woken up so early; you know how I get. If you really want to be with Noah, it has to be because he likes you for who you are. It's okay to want to look pretty and stuff, but don't try so hard to be someone you're not, because you don't want him to fall for a completely different person. So, let's clean this room up, then I'll open up all the windows and go clean myself up while you clean the dishes. When I'm done, I'll come down and make the muffins while you go clean up and change. That way the muffins will be done by the time the boys come, and the house will look nice too, okay?"

She sniffles and nods. "Thanks, Steph."

I hug her once more, then I begin to walk out but stop when I realize something.