Chapter one

The small four year old pinkette hands her father his lunch. It will only be a few days for both the father and his offspring to see each other again.

"Good bye," she smiles and gently waves at her father. "See you soon."

Under the moon's ray of light. Kizashi kneels down and hugs his daughter. And nods in response.

"Even though you can't talk.. I can still tell that you love me. Just by showing me how much you care." Sakura crushes her father in a almost suffocating bear hug.

It's been months when Kizashi was first taken as a hostage. Sound ninjas questioned him, interrogated him about Konoha's whereabouts. But as a loyal shinobi, he refused.

Since Kizashi refused to give out information about his village's whereabouts, they had to get rid of him. As he was no use for them anymore, a medic newbie took the opportunity to try and preform a surgery she always wanted to participate in; So she used Kizashi's body to perform on.

In a way, the female medic took his vocal cords, and let him slowly bleed to death. But thankfully, leaf ninjas arrived at the scene, and took care of problem.

But at least he's alive, and has a happy family. He's thankful that those sound ninjas didn't take his eye sight. Or else, he wouldn't be able to watch his Sakura grow, and in time, bloom into a beautiful woman.

"Yo!" a silver haired ANBU intrups the moment. "Sorry if I ruined anything, but we have to go retrieve the scroll, already."

Kizashi smiles and nods at the ANBU. Knowing perfectly who it is.

"Farewell papa! Farewell Mr. ANBU!" Sakura yells. Waving as she does.

They both wave back.

In a quick second, both loyal leaf shinobi hurried their way towards their assigned destination.

>>>>

"Hmmm....."

Sakura pretended that she was plucking the stars from the dark sky, one by one, and placed them at the palm of her hand. Imaging the stars are still shinning bright in her hand.

She mostly took the stars that surrounded the round, milky moon. The moon would always remind her about her family.

Reminding Sakura, that same sentence Mebuki had quoted to her, on the day she felt lonely without Kizashi. As he was on a six month mission.

"Remember, we are never too far from each other, because we are all under the same moon."

From that day on, she began to adore the moon. Especially on calm nights like this.

Slowly, her eyes grew heavy.

Of course it had been a long day for her. Doing chorus, and having fun. It's a simple routine she had grown use to.

Closing the window from her parent's bedroom. Sakura carefully climbed into her parent's large bed.

Sakura's mother, Mebuki. Had not awoken from her deep slumber since the afternoon arrived. Kazashi thought Mebuki was taking a good deserving rest.

It had been a while after they both found out Mebuki had somehow contracted cancer in her stomach. The news caused the married couple to become devastated. Especially Mebuki.

"Goodnight, Kaa-san." Sakura said, sheepishly. And drifted off to sleep the next second.

....

Not knowing that her mother's body had lost the battle against the disease. Mebuki fell asleep for that her body may now begin with the war, a rematch, against the disease.

But just like last time, her body couldn't continue, knowing that she would loose either way. Her body gave up, and in the process. Mebuki died in her sleep.