Chapter 16

Sakura pulled back a small strand of hair, right behind her ear. She was nervous. On top of her shoulder, Sakura had carried a demon of uneasiness. Why? She had invtied Naruto to her mother's grave.

"Sakura-chan,"

Sakura's thoughts were brought to a hault.

"Yes?"

"Do you think your Mom will like these flowers?" Naruto held out a handful of handpicked weeds. Not knowing those were not flowers.

Sakura chuckled. "Naruto, those aren't flowers!" Sakura looked around and noticed three orange tulips on the side of the road. She galpoped twoards them, and picked out all three of them.

Naruto dropped the weeds and nervously scratched the back of his head. "Sorry, I didn't know." Suddenly, Naruto became suspicious. His eyes sparked with criousity. "Why did you get three? Instead of two?"

"It's for Rin." Sakura smiled, eyeing the tulips.

> > > >

As the wind blew . . . The sun shined bright, but after a few seconds later. The blue sky became orange. Mixed with red and yellow rays.

Sakura felt the sensation of comfort when being close to her mother's grave. But soon realized she will never feel her mother's arms wrap around her, to kiss her good night. Nor hear her soothing voice, singing her a sweet lullaby.

"Here." Sakura sat down in front of a steel tray, that has her mother's name carved into it.

Naruto gulped down a nervous lump in his throat.

He didn't know why Sakura invited him to her mother's grave. But if his best friend wanted一needed something, he would always be there for them. So the small male gave his best friend company on her way to her mother's grave.

To pay his respects, Naruto began: "He-Hello there. My name is Uzumaki Naruto."

Sakura swung an arm around Naruto's shoulder. Bringing him close to her figure. "He's my best friend, Kaa-san. Along with Yuki Haku."

There was a very dead silence around them. No birds chirping, no wind blowing. It was giving Sakura an eerie feeling.

"Kaa-san, there's a reason I brought Naruto here." Sakura took in in a deep breath . . letting it all out. "I felt sorry for Naruto, no friends, no family. Just imagine if that was me. I wouldn't think I would last that long, all by myself." She began to hug Naruto.

"Kaa-san, please . . . I want you to adopt Naruto. So that he can experience a family."

Naruto was taken back at her last sentence, no words came out of his mouth. Heck! He didn't even expect this to happen! "S-S-Sakura-chan!" He wondered if this was real, if all of the words comming out of Sakura were the real truth.

"Please, Kaa-san."

The silence around the kids no longer stayed dead. The wind came back, completely blowing away the the fallen leaves.

"Sakura-san?"

The pinkette's ear perked up at the sound of the voice. Her eyes then widened.

"Inner,"

I didn't even sense this person!

Sakura's dark emerald eyes, raced against time to get a quick glace at the person behind her. When she did, her lips curved into a smile.

"Rin!" Sakura yelled, being feriously happy. She jumped onto her feet, and gave Rin a hug. But Sakura soon fell to the ground. The ghost teen, forgot she had no mortal body. She sighed.

Naruto was so shocked that he had just witness Sakura go through a person. Immediately, he noticed Rin's figure wasn't solid, her feet were a few feet of the gound, her face pale like a blank sheet. It terrified him! So he began to scream his tonsils out.

"AHH一mphf" The Nine Tails container stopped screaming, as the Ten Tails container slapped a hand over his mouth.

"Shh,"

Naruto kept his eyes on Sakura's dark eyes. Finally noticing her eyes no longer shined bright like they used to.

Seemingly without his permission, Naruto's mind rewinds back to the day when he had been held hostage, when playing with Haku and Sakura last winter. Ever since then he wondered: What had really happened?

"Sakura-san. I came here to warn you, something bad will come and jinx you." Rin's gray eyes glanced at both the Jinchuurikis. "Both of you."

Naruto stood up, holding a fist full of anger. "Why?!" His voice cracked. "What did we ever do to anyone! Why are Sakura and I always targeted! Why are we always treated like criminals!"

Rin walked twoards the angered Naruto, silencing him with a passionate arua she gave out. Rin kneeled down, to meet his height. She then sighed. And ruffled Naruto's soft hair.

"I know how you feel."

Blue eyes hardened. "How can you? You've never gone though what we had to go through."

Rin bit her tounge along with the insides of her cheeks. She mentally cursed herself.

She had forgotten that they're little children, who won't be able to understand what's sealed inside them. It's the real reason why she can come down to earth once more. Without the help of flesh.

"Rin."

Upon calling out the deseased teen, Blue and gray eyes darted towards the Ten-Tails container. Sakura stayed still on the ground. Fixing herself to lay flat on her stomach. The pinkette's emerald eyes smiled. Giving Rin a very eerie feeling. Yet, Rin shook off the feeling, while smiling at Sakura.

Sakura looked so innocent. No one knew what she has the cabability to do terrible things.

 No one knew what she has the cabability to do terrible things

"I won't let anyone lay a finger on my family." Inner wickedly laughed. "They come . . . . they taste my warth."

_______________END_______________

I've been thinking of changing my book cover, should it stay the same or to be changed to this one:

Comment on what you guys think.