Chapter 13

Eyes flutter open. Showing the world the once glimmering green eyes, had dulled into a very dark shade of green.

Her breathing grew louder as she recalled the fresh memories of the incident with a certain someone.

Juubi.

Sakura clenched her teeth together. That's why everyone in the village dispised her, treated her like an outcast.

Because of him.

"Can you hear the silence?"

That voice. "Inner . . ." Sakura wispered, and closed her eyes.. "Inner . . ." Sakura called out to her again.

"Hehe, hello, Sa-ku-ra. What a beautiful name you have."

Sakura ignored her complement, getting straight to the piont. "What happened?" She asked, as she cracked open one eye. And scanned her surrounding. "Why am I一 ow."

Sakura's whole body burned with pain. "Ow-ow-ow-ow." She laid herself back onto the hospital bed.

"Jubbi almost broke you apart. But if it weren't for that girly friend of yours. Boss, could've taken out the whole country. "

"Girly friend? What do you mean?"

"Yuki Haku."

At the mentioning about Haku's name, something broke inside Sakura. Causing her eyes to instantly flutter open. Forgetting about everything else.

"Haku-san!"

Sakura hadn't noticed she was in a hospital, until she saw a woman wearing a doctor's coat, come inside her room.

"Haruno you're injured, please stay in bed." The women told Sakura. As she pressed the emergency red button next to the door. "Please stay calm."

Sakura ignored the nurse and ran past her.

She needed to see Haku, reassure herself he's still alive. A wave of guilt and anger started to drown her. Knowing this all happened beacause she was horribly weak.

"Run faster. We've got company."

Sakura's shaded green eyes looked behind her. Taking note that each ANBU were all viciously runing after her. She became frightened by their masks, so immediately picked up the pace.

"Haruno Sakura! We order you to stop this instant!" Shouted one of the masked men. "We mean it!"

"Hurry! Hide your chakra, when you turn that corner I'll hide you. Understand?"

Sakura debated about trusting the voice in her head. But there was no other way to escape these very well trained ANBUS. So she did as she was told, putting her trust into Inner.

As expected, her chakara was perfectly detained. Turning the corner... she saw something she had never seen before一Something that wasn't even considered normal.

Inner.

> > > >

Sakura's eyes watched how Haku's state of health began to get a little bit better.

Her whimpers kept cutting through her loud sobbing.

"Haku . . . san. I'm so sorry."

Haku's body was in a very bad shape: Burns on his chest, purple bruises eating away his pale skin. Bandages covering almost half of his body.

It was all because of her.

Because she was weak.

"I'm so sorry . . ."

All Sakura can do now, is heal him to her limits. Until she has no more chakara left, until she sees Haku's eyes open themselves. And see the everyday smile of his.

Click.

"This . . . was all your fault. Remember that. Sa-ku-ra~."

"Haruno Sakura. Stop."

Hearing her name being called. Sakura looked behind from the corners of her eyes. Not daring to move a single inch.

Even though her heart was pounding out of her chest. (Because an ANBU had successfully found her) Something else, something inside her changed一 drastically.

She isn't going to run away anymore. Like the little coward she was. She won't be the same as she used to be.

"What." Her tone of question came out as a threat.

"Haruno. Leave that to the professionals. You can't do nothing about that helpless kid."

Click.

A brute force of air. Sent the ANBU flying through the wall and out the fifth floor.

"Ah~, you finally accept your true colors, Sa-ku-ra?" Inner said in a sadistic way.

"Shuddup, Inner. I didn't accept them. They were already a part of me."

Tendrils sprouted out of Sakura

Tendrils sprouted out of Sakura. And positioned themselves for the next ANBU to come.