Chapter 6

Sakura-

"Tou-chan," I sheepishly say. "Is it okay for me to play outside?"

While washing dishes, he turns his head, and nods in agreement. Gently smiling at me.

"Thank you."

I didn't bother to smile back. Nor did I feel like it. But something inside me kept pestering me to do so.

"Smile, for Tou-chan."

A smile creeped up onto my face. This isn't my real smile. But it seems real enough so that Tou-chan dosen't worry about me.

Tou-chan tilts his head, softening the look in his eyes, and goes back to what he had been doing.

My smile disappeared, after he turned around.

Did I...

No, I got to go meet up with Haku. He's probably waiting for me at the same spot from the last time we met.

Dashing out of my house, I sprinted towards my destination.

* * *

"Haku-san? Are you here?" I call for Haku.

Suddenly, my right foot accidently stepped in a small puddle of water. Near the tree where Haku and I met. Disgusted by the wet feeling surrounding my foot. I retrieved my foot. Only to find it magically dry.

"...What the..." my eyes stayed glued onto the small puddle of water.

If I'm not mistaken, shouldn't water wet me. Instead of ー

"Itai, that hurt." Haku said. As his face magically appeared on top of the puddle. With pain written all over his face.

"Ha-Haku-san!" I yelled at him in disbelief. "Haku-san! Your face! It's floating on water! Where's your body! Iー"

The rest of Haku's body emerged from the puddle. Taking the water with him, almost as if it were apart of him.

"Sakura."

My eyesight was blocked by Haku's brown pool of orbs. It seemed like forever as Haku's stare was slowly pulling me into a trance. But in seconds, he stepped back. Breaking the trance.

"Sakura..." he repeated.

I hadn't noticed I was holding my breath. When my lungs unconsciously, let out a puff of air.

"Yes?" I ask, when he called out my name. Kind to think of it, when did I tell him my name?

Haku's eyes locked with mine once more. "Oh, my apologies. I was thinking out loud."

"Thinking about me?"

"Well, um, kinda." he sheepishly rubs the back of his neck. "It's just that..." he takes a few steps closer to me. And runs his fingers through my soft unnatural colored hair. The look on his face, told me that he was examining if my hair was even real.

"I've never seen pink hair growing on anyone's head, nor have I ever seen green eye's that glimmer so brightly."

"Oh,"

Not again!

"I'm sorry if my appearance freaked you out."

"No, no. It's not that! It's just that you, well... Like I said, I've never seen pink hair, growing on anyone's head. Nor have I seen green eyes that glimmer so brightly. So I actually find you quite intresting, and.... unique."