Chapter 4

Sakura-

"Good afternoon, Hokage-sama!"

"Good to see you Sakura-chan!" Hokage-sama says smiling down on me.

"Me too!" I cling on to his feet, like I always do when he comes inside my house.

Hokage-sama is the kindest old man I've ever met. I can never imagine there being another kind person, like him. He always helps the people who are in need of aid. Shows wisdom to the people who have chosen to take the wrong path. And has never hatedー

Hated....

I stop myself for a moment there.

My frown hid behind my smile, at the thought of a kind old man. Who hangs around with a demon child. I wonder if he would still be kind to me, if he found out I'm a monster.

My thoughts were swept away to the back of my head, when Otou-san came. And bowed down for Hokage-sama. Which was my cue, for me to step away from the 'grown up meeting'.

That's what kaa-san called it. At first... I was upset about it. Not because they didn't have the time to play with me, but because I wasn't able to help. It made me feel useless.

But Kaa-san cheered me up. Telling me that I could be a grown up, like her. If I keep eating healthy and memorize these shinobi books.

Sitting down on the kitchen table. I began to read and memorize the books that kaa-san had left for me. With a glass of milk by my side, which kaa-san advised me to drink. So that I can stay healthy.

My ears perk up as the Hokage whispers in my father's ear. I pretend to not have noticed, and keep reading.

"Uh, Sakura-chan? Could we speak to you for a momment?" Hokage-sama says.

Without any question, I walk over the living room and sit down. "Yes?"

A moment of silence was passed on.

I raised an eyebrow. Just like kaa-san, when she's under suspicion of something that didn't sit right.

Hokage-sama breaths out a long breath.

"Iーdon't know a better way to say it to you......" He trails off.

"Hokage-sama, I'm sure I can handle it." I assure him.

Just then, my suspicion raised towards both adults. Never before had I seen Hokage-sama this nervous, or tensed in this type of way. Otuo-san's eyes had a look that I had seen on the day he found kaa-san sleeping.

He was about to cry.

But I pushed the thought away, and concentrated on why Hokage-sama, and Otuo-san were acting strange.

"Your mother...... she.... passed away."

A faint feeling in my stomach dropped. I jolted up, standing onto my feet. Tears were on the verge of escaping. "If your trying to pull a dirty joke! I suggest you stop!" I yell at them.

Otuo-san's eyes were filled with tears that had not yet fallen, and the Hokage's eye twitched.

"I'm sorry. This isn't a joke, Sakura-chan."

Air immediately filled my lungs. "Shana-roo!" my voice cracked. "You guys could of told me earlier!" I began to sob uncontrollably. "Youーyou s-should told me that kaa-san died!"

The pounding in my heart, the spinning in my head. It wasn't helping at all.

"Otuo-sanー" my uncontrollable sobbing cut me off. "Hokage-samaー"

"I......" I trailed off, when I noticed the meaning of my words, that I had not yet spoken.

I hate you.

No...

"Sakura-chan I know yー"

The rest of his sentence flew past me as I ran out of the house.

>>>>

I've been searching for Kaa-san's stone. But no avail. It's no where! Tears stung my eyes again. The emotional pain was to much for me that I didn't noticed my steps.

In seconds I stumbled to the ground.

The pain in my body shook away my emotions. But in seconds, they all came back at the thought of Kaa-san.

"This might be the beginning for you to to suffer without that special someone. But when it ends, you'll gain something from your suffering. Trust me, I know from experience."

I look up at the voice that had spoken to me.

A girl way older than I am. Helped me stand onto my feet. She smiles at me. "You just stood up! Of course with my help. But the next time you fall into despair like this again. I'm sure you'll stand up without needing my help. Maybe even help others to stand up."

"What do you mean?"

She crouches down to meet my level, and pecks my heart with her finger.

"I'm sure that special someone doesn't want you to be forever sad. Do they?"

I sway my head side to side. "No,"

"Then," she tilts her head as she smiles. "Become happy! Don't just keep crying over and over again. It's not like they're just going to come back just with one tear drop. Make them happy! Let them know you've became stronger by overcomingー" she stops.

"You still don't get it, do you?"

"I'm sorry. I don't."

"Ah, no worries. Your still beginning to become friends with pain... Then I guess it'll take a while for you, to understand it."

Understand pain? As if... It were my friend?

"Hn. That look in your face tells me you don't know what I'm talkingー" her eyes stayed glued onto my legs. Horrified by the sight.

"Oh my god! Here, sit down."

Her gentle yet cold hands grab my palms, helping me to steadily sit down.

Instantly her right hand glowed green. And she placed her palm on my cuts.

"Isn't that 'Mystical palm' technique?" I asked.

"Mhm!"

"Sugoi!" I was amazed by how she could if controlled her chakara that easily. "Did you learn it by yourself, miss?"

"I learned from an old friend of mine."

Wow... Oka-san's book really is useful. She would be.... happy if...

My eyes swelled up in tears. But I blinked them away, and ran the back if my hand over my puffy eyes.

"Jinchuuriki."

"Jinchuuriki?" I repeated.

The girl stood still and stares at me with her gray eyes.

"Do you know what that is?" she asked.

"No, miss."

"Oh! Well, never mind." she chuckles nervously. And smiles at me again.

"You know... It's my dream to become the best medical-ninja in the whole world."

"Sugoi,"

"Iー" her figure began to slowly disappear. "Miss! Your body!" I shout.

"Don't worry, but remember," the girl ruffles my unnatural colored hair.

"Stand up!" she fist bumps high into the air, and grins.

"What's your name?!" I blurted out.

She points at something from behind me. My eyes instantly trace the invisible line. Only to be face to face with a grave stone.

Rin Nohara.