Chapter Thirteen

I gulp at his statement as he then enters the cell and lingers near by just staring at me. I want to say something with all the questions I have in my head but there are just so many and I end up not saying anything. He quickly takes a silent deep breath like he's preparing himself for something. He shifts so we're standing closer and he can directly see my face. I notice that there is a trace of hurt evident in his eyes, very deep down.

"You're probably wondering why this is all happening..." He begins but then almost does a double take as he adds, "Actually, you're probably not. You'll just be worried as to," he pauses with an intense glare, "how much I know."

I don't move an inch, not giving him anything to analyse.

"I'll cut to the chase, Willow." He grits his teeth, blazing anger evident in his face. "Some one saw everything last night and brought it to my attention. The CCTV footage being wiped is confirmation enough for me." I can tell he's still watching my every move very carefully. I remain as still as a statue, not a trace of emotion on my face.

I hide the very explosive thoughts flying around my head. Who had seen what happened yesterday? How come Jack hadn't sorted them out? Is Jack okay?

"It's time for questioning but luckily for you, I don't have time." He says with a glance to his watch even though it's probably too poorly lit inhere to truly see what time it is. I feel relieved but I don't show it. He looks over to the large clock on the wall to confirm the time. "Just tell me when you next see Jack and I can leave." He manages to say so casually that I practically choke.

Then my heart stops so suddenly that I almost fall over.

"W-what?" So much for not showing any emotion.

"I know that now he's seen you again he won't be able to leave you alone." He hastily mutters without looking at me, a shameful look on his face like he's ashamed of knowing that. Who ever saw last nights events, had really seen everything. Including Jack.

Who knows Jack well enough to report his presence around here to the boss of E.I.O? I have to know whoever it is already.

I nibble at my bottom lip as I silently analyse him and try to decide whether I should continue with my lies or not. He obviously knows something happened with Jack yesterday even after I blatantly lied about who I'd seen. Jack's gun was on the floor for goodness sake, how am I ever going to pull off such a lie?

I can't. That's the whole point.

I go a little limp in defeat and decide there's no use in lying any more.

"So, what."

"So, he can not see you. It'll jeopardise his own missions and ours. For now, you'll stay down here till we know he returns to work and forgets you again." Robert retorts with a sharp look.

I scoff. "Well, I can't see how this is any of your business!"

He moves in closer to my face, the way he does with criminals he likes to intimidate and I gulp but raise my head to show no fear. The dim light briefly flashes in his eyes and he doesn't even seem to flinch. "On the contrary, this just happens to involve pretty much anyone you've ever met."

I shoot him a puzzled look but continue to stare him down furiously. A "what do you mean." falls from my mouth as more of a statement than a question.

He sighs exasperatedly.

"Willow," he looks me deep in the eyes. "Unless you're okay with completely changing identities and running away, never to return might I add, you'll have to accept that nowhere and no one is safe. You keep seeming to believe otherwise and it just gets you more and more in trouble. The only way I can keep you safe is if I keep you here."