Chapter Sixteen

I pull on the door handle nearest me to get out of the car but it seemingly opens itself and when I look out I find the driver stood there, standing tall. One hand is placed on the outside door handle and the other is placed neatly behind his back.

"Ma'am," He says curtly and he brings the hand that was behind his back forward and outreaches it to me. I take a hold of it, a little disappointed it's not August helping me out of the car. I'm lifted promptly up into the air and placed gently down on my feet, the butler then quickly making his way up the small amount of stairs to the front door. August is suddenly by my side with an arm around my waist after noticing me wobble around on my bad ankle.

I have to say it's an odd feeling having a butler and August really didn't strike me as the type to have one.

We finally make it to the door where it's already opened wide and the butler stands there silent with an emotionless face. He actually gives me a strange feeling that I can't place but I never disregard such gut instincts, I make a note to keep an eye on the butler throughout my stay here. Once we're in, the door is shut behind me and I'm met with a much more standard looking house. It's not as grand on the inside as the out, which I'm a little grateful for. That way I wouldn't feel so out of place.

"I can show you around if you like?" August offers but I shake my head.

"If I'm going to be here for a whole week, exploring a place will at least give me something to do." I say seriously but August chuckles.

"Oh believe me, you're not going to have any spare time around here." His face amused. I frown at him, wondering what he means. "We have a case to investigate."

"No we don't, we have new lives to begin, away from this mess." I say heatedly.

"And we will, in due time. But, Willow, surely as an agent, you can't let yourself just leave everything we know to turn into nothing but dust? Don't you realise how big the case that rests in our hands is?" He asks, suddenly very serious.

"What do you mean?" I gather that he's talking about my organisation working with bad guys but what business hasn't been corrupt in one way or another? There's nothing a demoted agent like me and a guard like him can do.

"Don't you see?"

I can't take seeing him so enthusiastic over something we have no control over, no matter how he sees it.

"The police will never believe it, August." I sigh, shake my head at him. "Plus, I think in some ways, E.I.O are more powerful than the police." I add sadly.

"We're not taking this to the police, Willow. We need to create a big scene where the police will see all the evidence that they could ever need themselves. They'll have to do something or the public will feel unsafe. Do you at least see where I'm going with this?" He asks almost pleadingly.

I do and I slowly nod but I don't agree and quickly he sees that. "You'll be no better than them if you do this." I mutter, almost silently. His face shows that he's confused. "Deceiving and scheming, I mean."

His eyes widen a little. "What if it's being done for the greater good though, Willow? We can't just let them carry this on!" He exclaims before quickly trying to compose himself.

"Isn't that what they think they're doing, though? Doing it for the greater good? Throwing agents into the mix and allowing them to work for both bad and good, hoping it'll work in their favour?" I shake my head again and he shrinks back a little, his support around my body suddenly diminished. I wobble again but take hold of a wall near me, looking up in time to see August storming way down a hallway.