I Know I shouldn't but- YOLO!

Chapter 66

London. It was not quite as gloomy as Percy remembered it. That morning they spent walking across town.

"You didn't bring any money?" Simon asked frustrated. Percy might have said the same thing. None of them had gotten any sleep. After fighting those vampires he was starved and tired.

"I am sorry that I don't keep English money on me at all times," Magnus said, shoving his hands into his glittery pockets. People on the streets had been giving him weird looks all morning. Percy thought it was hysterical how Magnus didn't even bat an eye at their dropped jaws.

He probably likes the attention.

"I wasn't talking about money! How about, I don't know, a credit card?" Simon said. Magnus took a deep breath.

"If you are going to complain-"

"Guys, seriously, we are almost there," Percy said, "Aren't we?" he looked at Magnus.

"Yes," he gave Simon a glare, "We are."

The old institute came into view. At first glance it looked like a foreclosed, dilapidated church. But then this realm's version of the Mist melted from his eyes. Instead a soaring cathedral stood before them, a sentry to the whole city. Unlike his last visit, there was no mucky snow on the ground, just what whispers of winter seeped through his newly procured coat.

"I haven't been here in . . ." Magnus' words drifted off. Percy imagined that Magnus hadn't been back there in almost a century. He had not been there in a couple centuries, but it only felt like a few weeks ago since the building looked almost the same.

"Let's go inside," Simon said, hungry for food.

"I think you are forgetting, little vampire that you cannot go on holy ground," Magnus said.

"Mosh, you are not serious," Simon said, more cursing the rule than asking a question. Percy patted his friend on the shoulder.

"Don't worry, I will grab you a blood bag on the way out," Percy promised. Simon grumbled something under his breath about warlocks and quests as Magnus and Percy walked up to the gate.

The gates swung inward and they walked up to the huge doors at the front of the building.

"You seem to be indifferent towards losing a night's sleep," Magnus said. Percy laughed.

"I don't get full night's sleep very often," Percy said, "Not anymore."

"I guess your stay with us was a respite?"

"Those were the days," Percy said with a wry smile.

Magnus pushed a bronze button on the side of the door. Inside, Percy could hear chimes ring through the castle of an institute.

"You may want to brace yourself," Magnus said, "The institute isn't anything like it was years ago."

The door was opened by a short red haired girl. Percy was immediately hit with the strong scent of her perfume. Percy pushed down the urge to cough through the thick odor.

"Can I help you?" she asked in an incredibly British accent. Magnus gave her a winning smile.

"Hello, my friend and I just needed some nourishment-"

"Try the bakery on the corner warlock," she said beginning to close the door.

"Wait!" Percy held the door open with his hand before she could shut it, "Please, I need some help. There is a being stocking me and my friend. The Shadow hunters help with that sort of thing right?"