Open My Mind

Chapter 94

It was almost silent.

John and Mary had pulled the chairs away from the table and sat across from Militum and Percy who were on the sofa. Everyone was avoiding eye contact with one another.

Mary was staring intently at the bullet holes behind Percy. John was staring into his cup of tea while tapping his fingers on his leg. Militum sat like a statue, probably straining to hear whatever was happening with Lorem and Sherlock.

Percy looked down at his tea. He had been wrong about the whole brown sugar thing. Mary had corrected him by saying that it was probably "natural" sugar that had a brownish color. Percy could have managed the embarrassment if it weren't for Militum's laugh following her words.

He took a sip of tea that lasted longer and was louder than he intended. When Percy looked up from his cup all three of the other people were staring at him. Even Militum looked put off.

"Its good tea," Percy said with a shabby smile.

"Thanks," John said softly.

All four of them simultaneously took a drink of tea before continuing to avoid each other's eyes.

"You-who!"

Percy jumped to see an older woman in the doorway of the apartment.

"I have brought you all some biscuits," she said as she set a tea tray onto the coffee table.

"Thank you," Percy smiled at her.

"Anything for company, Dear," she returned the smile. She looked at John, "does the kitchen need cleaning?"

John scoffed, "Well it's Sherlock's."

She nodded with a bit of a wince before walking over to the kitchen. Before she disappeared she turned around and looked at Percy and his friend.

"Are you really Mycroft's Children?"

Percy frowned. Before he could reply John interjected.

"Mrs. Hudson," John said.

The woman threw up her hands and mumbled to herself before disappearing.

Percy leaned over to Militum.

"Who is Mycroft?" he asked.

Militum looked like Percy had startled him and gave him a quizzical look before shrugging.

There was another batch of silence and a few murmurings about body parts in the fridge from Mrs. Hudson in the Kitchen. Percy would have been worried if he had not heard what Annabeth said about the show. Apparently body parts in a fridge is normal for Sherlock? Mary and John didn't look surprised, at least.

Percy cleared his throat and the two of them looked at him.

"So are you two together?" he looked at them. Mary laughed and hit john on the shoulder playfully.

"Yes, we are married," she chuckled, "Are you with the girl?"

Percy laughed, "Nope, no we are not together. Why does everyone think we are together?"

John laughed, "See?" he said to his wife, "He understands."

Mary laughed out loud.

"I am kind of with her," Militum muttered.

Percy shot daggers at him.

"No you are not," he said, "Over my dead body."

Militum smiled slyly, "That can be arranged, Jackson."