Break My Heart Once . . .

Chapter 103

    "Now that everyone is here we can get started!" the Doctor said to everyone who had gathered in the console room.

    Percy and Militum had somehow found their way back after an hour or so of wandering around. The red headed Amy stood with her lanky husband, Rory, on the other side of the console. A woman with big hair and sensuous curves was with them. Percy noted a pair of blasters holstered at her sides. Sherlock still hadn't moved from his place by the door.

    "What is this all about, Doctor?" Rory asked.

    The Doctor spun and bopped Rory's nose, to which Rory glared at him.

    "Glad you asked," The Doctor said, "We have a puzzle to figure out." he walked around to the screen on the console and turned it on. "Three people in this room have been chased all over the universe by bounty hunters that all refer to one person who calls himself, 'the master-'"

    The woman with the big hair took a step forward, her mouth slightly open, "You don't mean . . ."

    Their eyes met and the Doctor swallowed but he didn't seem to confirm her thought.

    "Who?" Amy asked.

    "None of us know," Percy said and crossed his arms.

    "Wait, time out Doctor," Rory made the time out sign with his hands, "Who are these people?"

    Percy leaned over to Lorem, "My thoughts exactly." Lorem nodded.

    "Oh!" the Doctor perked up, "these are the stowaways I found on the Tardis earlier this morning."

    The newcomers turned to stare at them. Percy opened his mouth to correct him but Rory beat him to it.

    "Do you normally have stowaways?" Rory asked.

    "No, but!" he lifted an excited finger, "there's a first time for everything."

    "And what about that bloke by the door?" Amy asked.

    "Hm? Yes! That's Sherlock Holmes!" the Doctor said rubbing his hands together excitedly.

    Amy and Rory gaped and moved as one to look at him. Part of Percy wanted to point out that he was sort of Sherlock's nephew, but he decided that could get confusing.

    "You are friends with Sherlock Holmes?!" Amy asked the Doctor. Before he could answer she turned to Rory and slapped him playfully a few times, "he is friends with Sherlock Holmes!!!"

    "What is wrong with him?" Rory asked.

    John cut in, "He is having a little bit of a hard time with . . ." he gestured to the console and the big room. Rory nodded in understanding. Amy pointed at John.

    "Wait, who you are?" she asked.

    "John Watson," he offered her a hand and she took it, grinning ear to ear.

    "John Watson," she glanced back at Rory, "I am shaking John Watson's hand!"

    "I can see that," Rory said.

    "And who are the rest of these people?" the woman with big hair asked.

    Percy hopped forward and offered her a hand, "Percy Jackson, at your service," if they knew about Sherlock Holmes then they might read his books or something, "You have probably heard of me."

    The woman with big hair narrowed her eyes and cocked her head a bit, "No, actually."

    Percy blinked in surprise and let go of her hand. Militum stepped forward and took her outstretched hand.