How to Save the Universe 101

Chapter 111

Percy's mouth was agape.

​"You want us to split up?!" he stood from his blue jello chair so quickly the whole thing shook behind him. "Have you guys watched a single horror movie? That is the single fastest way for everyone to die!"

​Percy looked around the room, waiting for anyone to challenge his logic. Lorem's eye brows furrowed before she mouthed a question to Militum.

​Their planning was not going quickly.
​Since the two vampires had joined them, they had been tossing around ideas and bickering. Their group had split into groups of two or more who each had their own ideas and were completely convinced that their plan was the only one that would work. Unfortunately, that meant that no decisions had been made. With two nearly immortal time lords, four stubbornly loyal companions, two immortal vampires, Sherlock Holmes, and two irritatingly stubborn energy beings they were moving nowhere. Percy felt like he was baby-sitting the whole lot of them. Trying to keep the peace as well as keep the common sense.

​The Eleventh Doctor leaned forward in his seat intently, "Splitting up is the only way!" Eleven spread his hands. "There is no way that our entire group can go to each location one at a time. Even if we could shut them all down, they would catch on fast enough to stop us."

​"I agree," Militum held up a finger, "Whatever the stereotypes of you human/demigod folk, I don't see a better option."

​Percy looked around to see heads nodding around their group. He shook his head and sat back down. Of course, they would agree on that.

​"So, we split up?" Amy locked eyes with Percy, Eleven, and Sherlock. Percy only pursed his lips in response.

​He wasn't convinced it was the only way. More separation left more room for error in his mind.

​Rose cleared her throat, "So we have three targets- "

​"Four," Lorem corrected.

​"Sorry, four," Rose continued, "three energy stores and one stone."

​"Don't forget that we still need to get into the main control room in the central Master Industries building to allow access to shut down the Energy Stores," Raphael added.

​Percy was surprised that the vampire was so attentive. Damon on the other hand was nursing a bottle while he lounged on one of the couches. Who knew two blood-sucking guys could be so different.

​"So, we need five groups," Rory looked up from his pen and paper.

​"There is fourteen of us, not even way to split up," John cut in.

​"Yes, thank you for stating the obvious, John," Sherlock grumbled.

Sherlock had situated himself upside down on his chair with his head where his feet should have been, barely inches from the floor, and his feet sticking up in the air where his head should be.
​Percy didn't even want to know his logic at this point.

​"Four groups of three and one group of two," River said with a wave of her hand, "obviously."

​"The easiest target should be the control room, so the group of two needs to be headed there," the Tenth Doctor said. His fellow doctor nodded in agreement.

​"John and I will take the control room," Sherlock said.

​Percy raised an eye brow, "No offense, but wouldn't you guys be the least knowledgeable in the alien-tech department?"

​Sherlock sent him a stare that made the hairs stand up on his neck while John covered his mouth to keep from laughing.

​"Lorem and Militum will need to be the ones to get the stone," the Eleventh said, "They are the only ones who can feel it."