Five Years Later

Back in November, I was startled to find out that this book had reached over 1 million views.

Immediately knew I wanted to do something to keep this chapter of my life alive as well as thank each of you for the time and the encouragement you have poured out on me over the years.

So, this is a bonus chapter that celebrates hitting one million views on this book!

I could spend this whole chapter thanking you, but I hope to do so by giving you a glance into Percy and Annabeth's future.

BUT THE SURPRISES DON'T STOP AT THIS CHAPTER!!!

This book represents such a wonderful time of my life. I want to offer it to the world in the best way it can be.

To stay on top of all that is happening, make sure to follow me on instagram @ Elizabeth_Lux_

But anyway, enough from me, here's to 1 million!

****

"Charles!" Percy called up the stairs of their little cottage, "get your shoes on."

Three years old, Charles Jackson crossed his arms in a pout, "I don't wanna!"

Percy sighed. It was always hard to say no to those big gray eyes. His dirty blonde hair hung in front of his eyes. Charles needed a hair cut, but it reminded Percy of Annabeth in the morning. Before he married her, he had no idea how much of a bedhead she was.

"You know only good little boys get blue popsicles," Percy said.

Little Charles's eyes got big, "Mom made popsies!"

Percy shrugged, "you won't find out unless you get your shoes on."

Charles gasped and ran back into his room before hurrying down with his shoes in hand. Percy smiled and walked into the kitchen, where Annabeth cradled their dark-haired Selene in her arms. A bottle of milk between Selene's chubby little hands.

"Aw, is someone getting breakfast?" Percy said as he tickled Selene's belly, releasing a sweet giggle from his daughter.

Annabeth smiled back at him, and Percy kissed her on the forehead.

"Are you excited to see them?" Annabeth asked.

Percy grinned, "it's been so long since their last visit. I can't wait."

Charles crashed into one of the kitchen chairs and let out a cry of surprise.

Percy turned around and laughed. His son, sprawled on the floor with one shoe on his head and the other under the counter.

"Owwww," Charles cried.

Percy knelt next to him, "what did you do that for, Charles?" He laughed, "you shouldn't run in your socks."

"But you run in your socks, Daddy," his lip quivered.

"That's true," Percy thought a moment, "I guess when you can run in socks without crying, you can do it too. But next time we will do it together. How's that?"

Charles held a teary smile, "okay."

After breakfast, he took Charles outside to water the herbs the Demeter Cabin had gifted them on their fifth anniversary last month. Their little cottage sat just before the beach between one of the strawberry fields. It was just big enough for the four of them, and it was all theirs.

It was the first of three family cottages at camp. Piper and Jason lived in the next one over with their two-year-old, Thomas Grace. Chris and Clarisse took the one farthest from them— no kids yet, but the Aphrodite cabin was dying to throw another baby shower. The other two were still empty as of yet, but With Travis and Katie engaged and more couples getting together, the Hephaestus Cabin had their work cut out for them.