Christmas Onesies

Chapter 73

"What in the world happened?" Natasha asked as soon as they re-entered the Stark building. Lorem had heard her tell the rest of her team that she was alright and that they were coming back to base.

    She was just thankful that Militum was not with them. He would of course know exactly where she was, and find them as quickly as using a human GPS. Lorem could feel his blood just under her skin, mixing with her own blood like oil and water. The constant feeling was a reminder of her promise of slavery or death. What a lovely state of mind.

    "I will tell you, I assume you have nurses here standing by?" Lorem asked. Natasha nodded and began walking to the elevator. Percy hadn't spoken during the entire ride. She knew that he was familiar with these people since every time he looked at Natasha his eyes widened. But that could have been just because she was an appealing female.

    "I am fine," Percy said.

    "You need to get help," Lorem said, "You look pale, probably dehydrated and have you eaten since Militum has had you?"

    "No," Percy said.

    They took him up to the medical wing and a doctor helped Percy get situated on a hospital bed. And IV was put into his arm and they had him eat some warm soup.

    Thor, the arrogant one, and the rest of the men joined them.

    "The receptionist found the note five minutes after Natasha contacted us," Steve said to her. Lorem had told them that she needed to take care of it on her own and not to follow.

    "Captain America?!" Percy said, suddenly excited, "Thor! Tony Stark! The Hulk! Omgosh, I wasn't expecting this."

    "Is this your friend?" Thor asked Lorem. She nodded.

    "This is Percy Jackson," Lorem said. Steve narrowed his eyes.

    "That is weird," Steve said almost to himself.

    "What?" Percy asked.

    "When I was a kid there was this book that I read called Percy Jackson and it was about a kid who was from some camp," He explained. Lorem and Percy exchanged glances.

    "Did this kid by chance have a friend named Annabeth?" Percy asked.

    "Yeah," Steve said, "The book didn't take off very well because the author died the year it was published, but I remember really liking the story."

    "Glad I could entertain you," Percy said, "Cause when I was a kid I read all about Captain America, Iron man, the Hulk, and Thor." All of them frowned. Lorem could almost smile, but she needed to tell them about Militum.

    "We can talk about this later," Lorem said, "I left this morning because I got new information that changed the goal of the mission. I swore to Militum that I would go with him willingly after our mission is complete."

    "We were going to get your friend and you out of this without any compromise, Lorem we could have prevented this," Steve said.

    "This was unavoidable," Lorem said, "I calculated that at least two of you would die if you battled Militum and that wouldn't include Percy. I made the best decision."

    Everyone was in quite irritation. Lorem hated it. She hated the pity in their eyes.

    "I think she was right," the curly black haired man said, "If this, Militum, was as powerful as you think him was." she offered him a small smile for supporting her. He tried to return it.