Glowing Eyes

Chapter 109

The door to the Tardis swung open and both Doctors turned simultaneously to see John and Percy dragging in some poor bloke between them.

The Eleventh Doctor narrowed his eyes at the bloke and recognized the thick silver drips down his skin.

"Militum?!" he rushed to their aid just as Percy collapsed.

John stumbled as the eleventh Doctor took Militum from them. His other-self came over to help. The door opened again and Sherlock waltzed in with a smirk on his face.

"You found him?!"

The eleventh Doctor glanced over his shoulder to see Jack and Rory standing at the console.

"Come on," the eleventh Doctor grunted, "we better get him to a bed.

Jack and Rory got his legs and helped carry him to the hall. The Eleventh Doctor's muscles buckled. This was not going to work. Carrying this guy was like carrying a car's load of lead.

"Hold on," he lowered him to the ground and the others followed suit. As soon as Militum was on the ground he raced to one of the hall closets. After three tries he finally found the one with the hover surf board he got in Honolulu II.

"ah, yesss," his other self-sighed upon seeing it.

"What is it?" Rory asked.

Percy and John, looking exhausted and drained, finally caught up to them.

The eleventh Doctor set the hover level of the board and let it go. The silvery board automatically orientated itself to float four feet above the ground. They quickly worked together to lift Militum onto it and lead him to the bedroom wing.

Amy was just coming out of there when they went in.

"What is going on?" she asked upon seeing them.

The eleventh Doctor went right past her without answering and turned into one of the bedrooms.

"Who is that?" she asked.

"Militum," Percy said.

The Doctor heard Amy gasp as he flipped on the lights to the room.

Once they had Militum situated on the bed Militum seemed to deflate. As if he had been holding onto the last bits of energy left in him.

"We need to rejuvenate him," Percy told them.

"Yes, he needs a fresh dose of energy in order to function," John chimed in.

The eleventh Doctor glanced at them and frowned, "what kind of energy?"

"Any kind, really," Percy said.

"But the best is live energy," John said.

"What is live energy?" Percy said, "Wait if there is live energy can there be dead energy?"

The eleventh Doctor swatted at the air near his face to silence him. He couldn't think of anything on the Tardis he could drain . . . except the Tardis herself. But the Doctor knew better. His kind couldn't always stop themselves once they were tapped into a good source. They were like energy vampires.