The Beginning of the End

CHAPTER 100 OF FALLING THROUGH PORTALS

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

GUYS WE HAVE MADE IT 100 CHAPTERS TOGETHER!!!!!!

I REALLY CANT BELIEVE IT.

I JUST WANT TO SHOUT OUT TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO LOOKED AT ME STRANGELY WHEN I TOLD THEM THAT MY FANFICTION WOULD BE OVER 100 CHAPTERS LONG. THANKS FOR MAKING THIS MOMENT ALL THE MORE SATISFYING!

THE STORY HAS COME SO FAR AND IT ISNT OVER YET! I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE IT. IT HAS BEEN SUCH AN INCREDIBLE JOURNEY. AND AS WE ARE ON THE CUSP OF THE FINALE I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR AN INCREDIBLE TIME. YOUR COMMENTS AND MESSAGES HAVE MADE WRITING THIS A PLEASURE. SO THANK YOU.

NOW ENOUGH FROM ME! LET'S GET ON WITH THIS STORY!

HAPPY 100!!!!!!!!

*************

Militum grabbed some champagne off of one of the passing trays. Percy gave him a weird look before he downed a few sips.

Both of them were dressed to the nines in black tuxes. Percy's new cut, thanks to Irene's personal assistant, looked sharp. Militum had turned down the offer since he could make his hair to the cut he wanted, but he didn't do much to his hair anyway. They were on the edge of the dance floor of the huge ball room. Militum could have fit a dozen school buses on the dancefloor alone, not to mention the mezzanines and platform for the orchestra.

Sherlock and John stuck close to them as they avoided conversations with the locals. It had taken three hours of harsh debate between the doctor and detective before the John was able to coax Sherlock into wearing his tux. The whole ride over Sherlock was sending death glares at his friend, but John took it in stride, acting completely at ease. Militum really admired that. In fact, the army doctor was the first human who really impressed him.

Since the women were coming in a separate car, per Irene's orders, the men had to tolerate the stiff companied loons at the gathering. John and Percy actually tried to make polite conversation when the well-dressed idiots came up to them. But Sherlock and Militum made it into a game of who could get the humans away faster. Sherlock tried scaring them off with harsh deductions where as Militum deliberately sucked the joy out of each conversation. It was amusing to watch their human faces deflate into horror while he spewed disturbing facts about death and disease that would have made anyone feel queasy. Eventually the idiots stopped coming up to the two of them when Sherlock claimed their group and alcove, it was too bad since Sherlock had up one on him in their game.

After escaping a conversation with some old geezer, John threw back the rest of his scotch and scanned the crowd for the girls as he retreated back to their alcove.

Sherlock was quietly mulling over his victory, still proudly reclined on the couch he had stolen from a partially gaudy pair of vultures. Militum was almost certain that the detective had chosen this alcove to steal because those woman would tell everyone not to go anywhere near them- therefore winning the game by keeping any more humans away for Militum to toy with. Sherlock was definitely the kind of man who would do that.

Still a bit miffed, Militum rose from his arm chair and joined Percy where he was leaning against the edge of the alcove with his eyes on the dance floor. The demigod didn't even acknowledge him. Following Percy's gaze Militum spotted a smiling blonde out on the dance floor. With one glance back at Percy's face Militum knew well enough to guess who the girl reminded him of.

Militum cleared his throat, getting Percy's attention, "So why do you wear those all the time?"

Percy glanced down at the rumple of his dress shirt.