Destiny has a Sharp Sword

Chapter 10

They landed at port the next morning. They had sailed all through the night and Percy had only just crawled into his hammock when the First Mate released the crew to go on shore until evening. Percy slept for a good four hours before one of the crew members awakened him.

"Captain wants to talk to you," the guy said.

Percy rubbed his face with his hand to wake himself up before spilling out of the hammock. He splashed some cold water onto his face before leaving the lower decks and heading up to the captain's quarters.

He knocked lightly on the door before entering.

"Captain?" Percy said.

"Yes," Hook was sitting at his desk, looking intently at records on the paper in front of him, he looked up to see Percy, "Charles, good. Come inside."

Percy entered the small cabin. Large windows out the front of the ship let in enough light for them to see well in the small room.

"It was good to have you yesterday, and I had hoped to sail on, but we found a group of stow always down below and need to take them off before we leave for a long journey. You are welcome to stay with us, but if you want to get back to that girl, then consider your debt paid."

Percy smiled and cocked his head, "Thank you, you're a pretty nice guy, for a pirate."

Hook laughed, "Thank you."

"I don't know yet," Percy sighed, "I will come back tonight with my decision."

Hook nodded.

"No you aren't, Deary," said a familiar voice.

Both of them turned in unison to see Rumplestiltskin sitting casually against the window sill.

He made an amused noise as Hook's face paled.

"Crocodile," Hook hissed as he stood abruptly from his chair. Hook snatched his sward from the table and surged forward towards Rumplestiltskin. Percy knew that his captain couldn't kill him and held him back protectively.

Rumplestiltskin chuckled, "How noble of you, boy, trying to protect him from his own fate?"

"How dare you come back after what you have done?!" Hook demanded, pushing against Percy's hold.

Rumplestiltskin snapped his fingers and Hook began choking. Percy let go of him as Hook grabbed at his own throat like a man from Star Wars. It was surreal.

"Stop!" Percy said uncapping Riptide.

"Tell me who you are," Rumplestiltskin demanded fearlessly, "or he will die." to emphasize his point Hook fell to his knees. Percy looked back, he couldn't let him die. And what was the real harm? What was this guy going to do with his name?

"If you let him go and leave, I will tell you," Percy said.

The monster thought it over.

"It's a deal," Rumplestiltskin latched his hand onto Percy's wrist and they vaporized before Percy could scream.

********************

Suddenly a new room appeared around him. Percy felt dizziness overwhelm him, like after shadow traveling with Nico. Rumplestiltskin plucked Riptide from his hands and threw him to the floor. Percy cried out as bruises began to form on his knees.

Rumplestiltskin looked at his sword closely.

"What an interesting blade." He commented, then he flipped around the blade so it was aimed at Percy's throat, "What. Are. You?"

Percy gulped as Rumplestiltskin pressed his own blade against his throat. He inhaled sharply as the blade pierced his skin. A trail of blood ran down his neck. Percy winced.

"An immortal blade harming a mortal," Rumplestiltskin laughed, "Now I have seen it all! Now answer my question!"

Percy said nothing. He pressed the cold bronze blade deeper into his neck. Percy could feel the heat seeping out of him.

"I am not mortal," Percy said through clenched teeth.

"Well I know that," Rumplestiltskin said, not sounding very impressed. "I don't think you heard the question," he pushed more into his neck, "I first asked what you were."

"Not like you," Percy grit his teeth.

"Even you won't be able to live long if I slit your throat," Rumplestiltskin said. Percy grunted.

He knew what his options were. Death, or do exactly what he wasn't supposed to do. Since he liked living, Percy knew what he had to say.

"I am a Demigod! My Name is Percy Jackson! And I am a Demigod!"

The sword disappeared and Rumplestiltskin stumbled back. He looked at Percy like he had just seen his own death. Percy pressed a hand to his bleeding neck, thankful that the monster hadn't hit any arteries. Percy stared up at him vehemently. The monster inhaled slowly and motioned to Percy. The blood at his neck disappeared along with all of the pain. He healed him.

Percy sat back on his haunches and breathed in relief. He looked over to Rumplestiltskin who was all but cowering on the other side of the room. Percy stood and walked over to him before he took Riptide back. Rumplestiltskin grabbed his wrist.

"Percy Jackson," his animal eyes stared into Percy's very core, "I see your future, and it is not a bright one."

Percy tensed.

"You must find the other stones," he said. "They will lead you to the time box." he licked his lips, "Because you told me who you are, they will be coming for you. Your task will be much harder because of it. They will know you are coming and they will try to stop you. But you cannot let them." he shook Percy's arm with urgency.

"The universe is in your hands," with that Rumplestiltskin disappeared.

*****************

the portal opened moments after Rumplestiltskin disappeared. Percy hardly had a moment to think before the swirling vortex engulfed him.

Percy dropped into a dark room. He managed to get his feet underneath him before he hit the ground. Percy stumbled forwards, nearly knocking over a chair in his landing. But it was a huge improvement from upside down back in the volcano.

Percy looked around. He could make out old styled cooking contraptions and unlit candles on the table. Everything had an older feel, but it wasn't medieval.

Behind him a voice stirred from the darkness.

"Well what do we have here?"

Percy turned and was met with glowing cat eyes. The candles on the table flickered to life revealing a sharply dressed man.

The man smiled with amusement, "My name is Magnus Bane, and," he looked Percy up and down, "I think you are in the wrong century."

********************