Clone Percy

Chapter 90

    "Lorem,"

    Her golden eyes flew open.
A smile spread across her face despite being tied down in a cell. He smiled as he leaned against the wall next to her cell. With his hands in his pockets and head against the wall, he tried to memorize that smile. There were few times that she had ever smiled at him, and in that moment his heart was filled with warmth.

    "Militum," she said.

    "You don't look surprised to see me," he said, "Even though Jackson and I were on our death beds when you last saw us?"

    "I have spent enough time with the both of you to think a little injury could stop you," she admitted.

    Militum shrugged. He guessed it was true.

    "So what's up?" he asked, "Anything interesting happening?"

    Lorem rolled her eyes. Her white hair fell into her face. Militum absently wondered how soft her hair was. What would it feel like to put his hands in her white hair?

    "I mean," Militum came off of the wall and crouched at her side, his arm brushing hers and his fingers against her hands as he undid her restraints, "Has he hurt you?" he tried to look into her eyes and since she had been looking back at him already their faces were incredibly close. Militum felt his heart beat sky rocket. Her lips only inches away from his own as her gold eyes blazed right into him.

    "I like you better without all of your glamour," Lorem said softly. His hands froze just before he had her free.

    Militum felt his chest tighten and heat flooded his face. He couldn't get to his full potential without taking life force power and left him looking more rugged than standout handsome.

    "You are beautiful," he whispered.

    She opened her mouth to respond but nothing came out. He wanted to kiss her. Militum ached to pull her into his arms and kiss her into oblivion. But he didn't know what he would do if she pulled away. Instead he called on his power and broke her chains.

    She looked down and he watched her every move as she pulled her hands out of the restraints and rubbed her wrists.

    "Thank you," she said.

    He stood and offered her his hand. She took it and he helped her stand.

    "You didn't answer my question," he said.

    "Did he hurt me?" she asked, "No, but he promised to after he dealt with the other young girl he took from the woods."

    "Lucky him," Militum said, "I'll let him live." He let go of her hand and walked back to the door. "Now come on, if we don't get Jackson out of here soon his is never going to take off that Stormtrooper outfit."

    **************

    "How did you get in here?" Kilo Ren demanded.

    "Oh, that?" Percy hopped off of the counter and adjusted the cape around his shoulders. "Let's just say Militum has more than just good looks going for him."

    "If you transported here," Kilo asked, "why would you need to dress like my Stormtroopers?"

    "Do you know how expensive these things are back where I come from?" Percy demanded as he gestured to his white armor. "Plus, I have dreamt of wearing one of these since I was a little kid."

    "You are still a child," Kilo said.

    Percy thought about it a moment, "Nah, I don't think so but, you know," Percy said as he examined his nails, "Getting onto your Death Star planet was WAY easier than I thought it would be. But I guess you didn't account for self-transporting beings, huh?"