Chapter 22

*Calum's POV*

"You are going to die when you see her!" Mali said, poking my stomach as she stood next to me at the bottom of the stairs. "You are going to be drooling."

Mali had been with Kelly all day, I'd barely seen either of them all day. But now it was time for me to take Kelly out on our first proper date and I'll get the next few hours with her. Now I just have to wait for her to walk down the stairs so we can go.

My breath hitched in my throat as she walked down the stairs, my jaw dropping. I look her up, down and up again, in absolute awe.

She was wearing a low-cut black dress, a gold belt around her waist, it wasn't too short, came up about mid thigh, but it got shorter and went up in the middle, which had me gasping for breath. I ran my hand through my hair and took a step towards her, my breathing shaky.

"You look.. amazing, gorgeous, beautiful," I threw adjectives at her, hopefully getting the message across.

"Thank you," her face went slightly red.

"I mean it," I assured her.

"Well you look very handsome," she said, her hand intertwining with mine.

"We should go, we don't want to be late for dinner."

"Right," she nodded, both of us with stupid grins on our faces. I shook myself out of it and waved goodbye to everyone, leading Kelly out to the car. I opened the car door for her, letting her get in before I closed the door, and went around to my side.

I drove through the city of Sydney, Kelly's hand in mine. We sang along to the radio together, me falling in love with her voice all over again. I love the sound of us singing together, we sound great, that harmony we can make together is amazing.

I pulled into a car park and we headed through the quay to the Opera Bar, the restaurant where I'd made reservations for tonight. It was right next to the harbour, a gorgeous view of the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge. I could see guys staring at her as we walked to the restaurant so I brought her closer to me, my arm around her waist.

When we were taken to our table by a waiter, guys in the bar were staring at Kelly, my blood boiling as they stared at her. She sat across from me at the table and once we were left alone with our menus, Kelly put hers down, looking at me.

"There's nothing to be jealous about," she said. "I don't want those guys, I want you. I am here with you, please don't let some stupid pervert guys ruin our night. This is our first proper date, I want this to be good for us," she grabbed my hands across the table.

"Alright," I nodded. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to bring the mood down."

"You didn't. Besides, jealousy's kind of sexy on you," she winked at me, picking up her menu.

"Can I get you some drinks?" the waiter asked us.

"I'll have a beer," I told him.

"I'll have a Jungle Bird thanks," Kelly ordered a cocktail.

"Exotic," I said as the waiter left.

"Thought I'd try something different."

"Well feel free, tonight's on me."

"Calum..." I knew where she was going with that tone, but I know how this is going to end.

"I don't want any argument from you, I'm paying for dinner tonight, this is all on me."

"Cal this is an expensive place I should at least pitch in a little bit."

"Nope," I shook my head, hiding my face behind my menu.