Chapter 16

*Ashton’s POV* 

“Girls are you ready to go?!” I called upstairs to Kelly and Erin. It’s been a couple of weeks since Christmas and we’re about to head off to the adventure camp, an hour drive out of Sydney. Michael, Luke, Calum and I were waiting in their lounge room as they finished getting ready. 

“Almost!!” Erin shouted back. “Ok I’m sorted,” Erin panted as she came downstairs with her bag, sleeping bag and pillow. She looked really cute. She was wearing a grey top with sleeves that came down to her elbows, ripped denim boyfriend jeans, white converse and a red flannel tied around her waist. It was supposed to be a little cold out at the camp, despite it being January. “Hi,” she greeted me. 

“Hey,” I gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. “I’ll go put this in the car,” I told her, her stuff in my hands. 

“Thanks,” she replied. I ran out the car quickly and put her stuff in the boot before rushing back inside, sweeping her off her feet from behind. 

“Ahhh! Ashton!” she squealed. I put her down on the ground and she turned to face me. “You scared the hell out of me!” she hit my stomach. 

“Oops,” I looked innocently at her, a smirk on my face. 

“Erin I need help!!” Kelly shouted. 

“Be there in a sec!” Erin shouted back, leaving me and the boys alone once again. 

“What is taking your girlfriend so long?” Michael asked Calum. 

“I don’t know,” Calum shrugged his shoulders. He and Kelly have basically been inseparable over these past few weeks. They are the corniest and cutest couple ever, and they’re both smitten. I’m sure Calum could go on and on about her for hours if we didn’t tell him to shut up. 

“Ok she’s almost ready,” Erin said as she came downstairs again. 

“I’m gonna go up and see if she needs a hand bringing her stuff down,” Calum said, standing up and heading up to Kelly’s room. 

“Who here thinks that they’re going to end up making out?” Erin asked, everyone putting up their hands. 

“Should we go see if we’re right?” Michael wondered. No one said anything but ran up the stairs and burst into Kelly’s bedroom, only to find no one in there. 

“What are you people doing?” Calum asked as he came out from behind the door, Kelly following. 

“Coming to see if you were making out,” I replied. 

“Well sorry to disappoint you,” Calum said cheekily. 

“So when did you get that hickey?” Luke asked him, Calum’s eyes widening before he ran over to the mirror, Kelly biting her bottom lip nervously. Calum shot a look over to Kelly, everyone staring at her. 

“What? He gave me one first,” she stated. 

“Where’s yours?” Erin questioned, looking intently at Kelly’s neck. 

“You can’t really see it while my shirt’s buttoned up,” she explained, motioning to her peach and white flannel top, everyone now looking directly at Calum. 

“Yeah I don’t have a comeback for that,” he replied. 

“Well are you ready to go Kel?” Erin asked her. 

“Yep, all good now.” 

“I’ll take your stuff down for you,” Calum offered. 

“Naww thank you,” Kelly smiled at him, kissing his cheek before he grabbed her stuff and disappeared downstairs.