Chapter 10

*Kelly’s POV* 

My body feels heavy and tired. I want to open my eyes but I feel like I can’t. I can’t fight it. 

*Calum’s POV* 

I heard the sound of tyre’s rolling along the floor and I looked to the doorway as Kelly’s bed was rolled in. 

“How’d the surgery go?” I asked the nurses and doctors that had come in with her. She’d been kept in recovery overnight but was finally back. 

“Well her leg is a lot better but she lost a lot of blood and crashed during the surgery,” the doctor told me, my eyes widening. “She’s not awake yet but she should come around soon.” 

“Ok then...” I sat back down in the chair and looked to Michael. 

“She’ll be ok Calum,” he tried to reassure me. “Why don’t you go home and rest?” 

“No way. I’m staying put,” I stated. I’d been discharged after the burns doctor came and checked on me this morning. He dressed my legs and told me I’d be fine to go, but I’d stayed in the hospital room to wait for her. I moved to sit on the edge of her bed, running my fingers through her hair. “Please wake up. Don’t leave me,” I whispered before I kissed her forehead. 

“Hey boys,” I looked around me to find Ashton, Luke and Erin standing in the room. 

“How is she?” Erin asked me. 

“She crashed during the surgery on her leg but she’s doing ok,” I told them. Luke came around to the other side of the bed and stared at her. 

“When is she gonna wake up?” he wondered. 

“They’re not sure,” Michael chimed in. I glanced to my side to see a worried Erin with Ashton’s arms around her from behind. Why aren’t they just dating already my gosh. 

“Hey,” I heard a faint voice and a hand touch my arm. I looked back down at the bed and saw Kelly’s eyes fluttering open. 

“Hey,” I replied with a smile. 

“Look who’s up,” Luke added. 

“Kelly!” Erin suddenly shouted and bolted over. She shoved me out of the way and hugged Kelly tightly. 

“Woah Erin calm down,” Kelly laughed. 

“I’m sorry, I’m just so happy to see you!” 

“I’m happy to see you too babe. Now move so Calum can hug me,” she demanded. I chuckled softly to myself before Erin let me forward and I hugged Kelly. She then hugged Luke, Michael and Ashton, everyone perching or sitting on her bed. 

*Kelly’s POV* 

The six of us talked for about an hour before Ashton and Erin headed off to go and see a movie at the cinema, leaving Luke, Calum, Michael and I alone in the hospital room, playing a game of poker with m&m’s that Luke bought, as the chips. 

“I am so good at this game!” I squealed happily as I raked in another 20 m&m’s. 

“Yeah yeah,” Luke pouted. 

“Naww,” I smiled and squeezed him into a hug. 

“So when are you gonna be able to leave?” he asked me. 

“Tomorrow hopefully. I just have to get my injuries set or bandaged and stuff,” I replied. 

“What are you going to do when you get home?” Michael wondered.