Chapter 13

*Erin’s POV* 

CHRISTMAS EVE!!! 

Kelly and I are busy gift-wrapping our presents for the boys for tomorrow before we head out for dinner. The boys went out shopping so we’re sitting on the floor of their lounge room doing all of this. 

The current arrangement is that Kelly and I will stay here tonight and spend Christmas morning with all the boys before everyone splits up for lunch, Ashton and I going to his families house, Michael going to see his family, Luke doing the same, and Calum is taking Kelly to his house. We’ll all wake up and do stockings and presents and have breakfast before going our separate ways. 

“Do you think this is enough for his parents Erin?” Kelly asked me. She is so nervous about tomorrow, not sure whether or not she should take a present for Calum’s parents or not. Ashton insisted I didn’t have to but said that the wine I’d bought would be perfect if I took something for them. 

“Babe Calum already said you didn’t need to worry about that!” I reminded her. 

“I don’t care I wanted to get something for them. They’re having me over for lunch Erin, it’s courteous of me to take something.” 

“What you’ve got them is fine. Calum already said that the wine and chocolates were perfect so relax!” 

“Ok,” she sighed in defeat. We’d just finished wrapping the presents when Ashton and Calum burst through the door and jumped on top of us and covered our eyes. 

“What the fuck you idiots?!” Kelly exclaimed through laughter. 

“You can’t see the presents!” Michael’s voice suddenly shouted, the sound of feet running up the stairs very loud. 

“Ok you’re fine now,” they uncovered our eyes. 

“You goof,” I pushed Ashton to the floor only for him to grab me and drag me on top of him, planting wet kisses all over my face except my lips much to my disappointment. Wait what!? Stop Erin geez. 

*** 

Sometimes working at this bloody cafe sucks. Tonight it’s packed!! Kelly brings in a pretty big crowd these days, especially tonight. The boys should be here soon. They’ve missed all of Kelly’s set except for the last song which she was saving for when they got here. 

“Erin!” I turned around and saw Ashton and the boys coming in. They all came over and hugged me before I took them to their reserved booth. I took their orders and quickly took off and placed them before taking Kelly aside. 

“You ready? They’re here,” I told her. 

“Oh my gosh really?” her breathing got shaky. 

“Yes but babe don’t worry, you’ll kill it! You’ve got this. The song is amazing.” 

“Thanks Erin,” she gave me a hug before picking up her guitar and going back up the front, greeted by applause and stupid whistles from the boys. 

*Calum’s POV* 

Kelly walked up onto the stage with her guitar and everyone around us started applauding, the boys and I wolf-whistling and cheering which made her blush and roll her eyes at our idiotic behaviour. 

“Hey guys! So this is my last song for the night,” at that the crowd ‘aww’d in disappointment. “But I would like to say a big Merry Christmas to everyone for tomorrow and have the best day. Now this song is one I’ve written over the past couple of weeks and I think it’s one of the best songs I’ve written. This is called ‘The Only Exception’. (I know it’s not an original song, all rights of the song to Paramore.)