Chapter 8

*Luke’s POV* 

Everything’s moving way too quickly. 

First we’re waving to the girls as they pass us, then we’re pulling them out of the car wreck, and now the paramedics are putting Erin, Kelly and Calum on gurney’s and taking them into the ambulances while we’re giving witness statements to the police. 

Michael came up behind me and put his hand on my shoulder. 

“You alright mate?” he asked me. 

“What the hell has just happened Mikey?” I wondered. 

“I dunno. It all feels like a blur to me.” 

“Me too.” 

“Oi lads!” Ashton suddenly called out to us. “I’m going to the hospital you boys coming?” 

We both nodded and ran over to the car and jumped in, following the ambulances to the hospital. 

“Ashton you alright?” I asked from the back seat. 

“I’m just worried. I’m hoping everyone’s gonna be ok,” he replied. 

“We all do Ashton,” Michael reassured him. 

“Yeah...” 

The rest of the car trip was monotonous silence, none of us knowing what to say. When we pulled up to the hospital we rushed out and into the waiting room where we were directed to a small room to stay in while Kelly, Calum and Erin were examined. A grueling hour later and there was still no news. 

“Are you boys here about Kelly Crothers, Calum Hood and Erin Paterson?” a male doctor came in. 

“Yes,” the three of us replied in unison. 

“Well...” he sat down across from us and pulled out his clipboard. “Erin is fine, we stopped the bleeding and she’s awake and resting in a ward.” 

I heard Ashton breathe a sigh of relief and I put my arm around him and hugged him. 

“Calum and Kelly on the other hand are in the Intensive Care Unit. Both suffered blows to the head from hitting the road after the explosion and Calum has slight burns to his legs and is unconscious. As for Kelly, in addition to her head trauma she has a sprained wrist, a broken ankle, one of legs was sliced open from the top of her thigh to half way down her calf at the side, and she is unconscious also,” the doctor informed us. We were all shocked. 

“Why is Erin hurt so much less than everyone else?” Ashton questioned. 

“According to the police report Kelly’s airbag did not disperse so she hit her head on the steering wheel and had no protection, also Erin did not suffer impact from the explosion.” 

“Can we seem them now?” I asked him. 

“You can see Erin now, you’ll be able to see the others soon.” 

We followed the doctor through hallway after hallway until we reached a room. We went in and saw Erin laying on the bed. 

“Guys!” she exclaimed when she saw us. Ashton rushed over to her and Michael and I followed. 

“Ashton they won’t tell me anything, where’s Kelly? Is she ok?” she frantically asked. 

“She’s in ICU Erin,” he told her. “She’s unconscious and has a broken ankle, sprained wrist and a big cut up her leg. Her and Calum fell down and hit their heads when the car exploded so they’re both still unconscious.” 

“What?” she gasped. She broke down in tears and Ashton held her close to him. Why is this happening? I don’t understand. 

“Boys?” we faced the doctor once again. “You can go and see Calum now if you’d like.”