Chapter 4

*Erin’s POV* 

“Ashton!” I squealed as he threw me over his shoulder. 

“Erin!” he mocked me. He brought me down and he held me against his chest, our heads very close. 

“I have to go soon,” I said sadly. 

“Really? Can’t you stay for a little longer?” he pouted. 

“Another half hour at the max. If I’m late to work they’ll kill me.” 

“Well we don’t want that. I’d much prefer you alive.” 

“Good to know,” I laughed. His infectious smile once again danced on his lips. Arghh he’s so damn cute and irresistible. If only I could just kiss him... no Erin stop! Grrr... damn you brain for arguing with yourself. 

“How about I take you to work at least. I’ll drop you off and Kelly can take her car home.” 

“I don’t have my work clothes here though. Otherwise I would take you up on that offer,” I said to him. 

“How about we swing by your house then? You can go inside and get changed and I’ll wait in the car for you?” he insisted. 

“Ok then. Thanks,” I finally agreed. He breathed a sigh of relief. 

“Great,” he grinned from ear to ear. Damn this boy. 

“Erin!!” Kelly suddenly yelled at me after a while of just lazing around in the pool. “It’s 4:05!! Go!” 

“Oh crap! Thanks a million Kel,” I thanked her, getting out and grabbing my towel. “Your offer still stand?” I asked Ashton as he stood next to me, having gotten up from his spot lounging in the sun where he’d been for the last 5 minutes. 

“Of course. You go grab your stuff, I’ll go wait in the car for you,” he said. I rushed inside, packed up my stuff and bolted out the front of the house to find Ashton waiting in his car. 

“Thank you so much for this Ashton,” I thanked him again as I directed him on how to get to my house. 

“Any time Erin.” 

Him saying that made my heart flutter a little bit. Once we pulled up outside of Kelly’s and my house, I ran inside and got ready as fast as I could before getting out of the house, locking up, and jumping back in the car with Ashton. About ten minutes later Ashton pulled up outside the cafe. 

“Thanks again.” 

“Erin stop thanking me. Just go in there, you don’t wanna be late,” he ushered me. 

“Ok. I’ll see you tomorrow,” I hugged him goodbye and he kissed me on the cheek which I swear made my heart stop, before I got out of the car and went to work. 

*Kelly’s POV* 

“Oh crap,” I muttered to myself as I got out of the pool. 

“What’s up babe?” Calum came over and asked me. 

“I forgot to bring a towel.” 

“Oh here,” he handed me the one he had been about to pick up. 

“Isn’t this your one?” 

“Take it. I’ll run inside and get another one for myself. You just keep warm,” he said, wrapping the towel around me. I nodded and he went and ducked inside, coming out a couple of seconds later with another towel. “See? Told you it was no big deal.” 

“Thank you.” 

“You’re welcome,” he smiled sweetly at me. “So did you wanna stick around for a little bit longer or do you wanna going home?” he asked me.